24 hours away from a Mastermind PBC

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kitemonkey, Feb 19, 2015.

1. kitemonkey

kitemonkey Member

It's finally shipped and waiting at my PO box.

Excited? OH YES!

https://www.rjmmusic.com/mastermind-pbc.php

I had decided to move away from a Line6 HD500 last summer and piles of research and piles of pedals decisions later, I can finally finish off this project. Note, my final decision on "which" switcher to use (gigrig2, almost...) was made based on a thread here at TGP

2. boyce89976

boyce89976 Supporting Member

Now that you've had it for 3 weeks what are your impressions of it? I get mine today, but probably won't wire it up until this weekend.

3. kitemonkey

kitemonkey Member

I love it to be blunt. It does precisely what it said it would do with all kinds of neat functionality tucked away as well. The editor is now out as well and that helps with editing. It's super quiet and built like a tank! Enjoying yours now?

4. boyce89976

Well, I actually just got it today... FedEx nearly destroyed the first one. I've been playing with it all night (not wired up, just some midi stuff, and plugged straight into the amp with it). So far, I'm pleased, but as I start to build presets/songs/setlists I have some questions:

- I can't figure out how to program tap tempo at the song level, only at the preset level. Does that mean if I use the same preset on two different songs I'm stuck with one tempo and have to change it manually? You can set it at the preset level, but I want a dotted 1/8 delay on several songs each with their own tempo. Have you figured this out?

- Which brings me to my next question... what have you found is the easiest/fastest way to build songs? I'm going to try to get this thing wired up and ready to go for Sunday morning, but of the 4 songs we're doing, I've only have presets for two of them, which means I'm starting from scratch on the other two. I've built two "songs" one with a dotted 1/8 delay, and one with an 1/4 delay. In each of those songs I have a clean, OD1, OD2, Lead1 and Lead2 preset. I think I might just be a little overwhelmed at the moment, ha ha, but I can't seem to figure out the best way to build the songs. The cool thing is, once they are built and saved, you can build your setlist with any of the 1,000 songs available!

I do think I'm going to love the parallel routing for my delays and reverbs! And so far, with the FedEx issues, Ron and Sheri have been great!

5. Stanley

Stanley Supporting Member

Can you change a loop from parallel to serial per preset??

6. boyce89976

^Yes, per preset. Keep in mind that buffer #2 must be on when running loops in parallel.

7. Stanley

Cool. Thanks for the info!!! Great stuff, guess I have great flexibilty then.

8. Stanley

9. boyce89976