24K Magic - bass sound

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
IS there anyway to do a passable version of this sound live with a relatively minimal amount of gear?

olejason

Any cheap synth like a MicroKorg or iPad setup would get it done. For bass guitar you'd probably want something like the Panda Midi Future Impact.

But really just play it on a regular bass, no one will notice or care.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
Any cheap synth like a MicroKorg or iPad setup would get it done. For bass guitar you'd probably want something like the Panda Midi Future Impact.

But really just play it on a regular bass, no one will notice or care.
I am covering the tune in a band and would love to be able to get at those sounds live, just for the f of it. I fully realize that people wouldn't care. Although Jam Artis doesn't even bother, so why should I.

olejason

There is no cheap way to do it on a bass guitar. The Future Impact is really the only pedal that could pull it off and its $400+. If you do a lot of dance tunes it might be worth being able to do it on keys. Not as fun to play keys though. :p

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
There is no cheap way to do it on a bass guitar. The Future Impact is really the only pedal that could pull it off and its $400+. If you do a lot of dance tunes it might be worth being able to do it on keys. Not as fun to play keys though. :p
That's what I was afraid of.

Aaron Mayo

Play it with a fat bass guitar sound, great timing and articulation. It will sound awesome. The vocals and tightness of the band are the big picture.

Rufus

Platinum Supporting Member
Play it with a fat bass guitar sound, great timing and articulation. It will sound awesome. The vocals and tightness of the band are the big picture.
Yeah, when he did it on SNL, they had a live bass player and it sounded awesome:

Here's a fun cover of it:

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
^ those hits at 3:10 are baller. Just play it on bass- roll up some mids, out some highs, and shake them hips a little.

mscotts

What?!
Gold Supporting Member
Play it funky with your bass player. Bruno plays it live with Jamareo Artis playing bass, but he is a bad a$$ player....

Trending Topics