24K Magic - bass sound

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
IS there anyway to do a passable version of this sound live with a relatively minimal amount of gear?

olejason

Any cheap synth like a MicroKorg or iPad setup would get it done. For bass guitar you'd probably want something like the Panda Midi Future Impact.

But really just play it on a regular bass, no one will notice or care.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
Any cheap synth like a MicroKorg or iPad setup would get it done. For bass guitar you'd probably want something like the Panda Midi Future Impact.

But really just play it on a regular bass, no one will notice or care.

I am covering the tune in a band and would love to be able to get at those sounds live, just for the f of it. I fully realize that people wouldn't care. Although Jam Artis doesn't even bother, so why should I.

olejason

There is no cheap way to do it on a bass guitar. The Future Impact is really the only pedal that could pull it off and its $400+. If you do a lot of dance tunes it might be worth being able to do it on keys. Not as fun to play keys though. :p

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
There is no cheap way to do it on a bass guitar. The Future Impact is really the only pedal that could pull it off and its $400+. If you do a lot of dance tunes it might be worth being able to do it on keys. Not as fun to play keys though. :p

That's what I was afraid of.

Aaron Mayo

Play it with a fat bass guitar sound, great timing and articulation. It will sound awesome. The vocals and tightness of the band are the big picture.

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
^ those hits at 3:10 are baller. Just play it on bass- roll up some mids, out some highs, and shake them hips a little.

mscotts

What?!
Gold Supporting Member
Play it funky with your bass player. Bruno plays it live with Jamareo Artis playing bass, but he is a bad a$$ player....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom