2nd annual Strymon social=new product?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by earwax, Sep 8, 2014.

1. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Member

Hey thanks for the kind words -I've seen the facebok posts and don't think they come from the Editor, rather they come from what Strymon used for the Factory Preset list pdfs...

2. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

I might be in the minority here but I'd love to see an overhaul on the Timeline, if not via firmware then a new version altogether.

Here's my wishlist...

- USB! Updating firmware or backing up presets via Midi cables is messy, archaic and bug-ridden.
    - Increased delay time for all modes... 2.5 seconds is on the lower end of the scale in digital delay land.
    - Longer loop time. 30 seconds is a joke.
    - Ability to store several loops and perhaps transfer them to/from computer using the USB
    - Higher loop playback quality (seems lower than the Ditto)
    - Reverse and Half-Speed OUT OF THE BOX. Or atleast.. Strymon release their own external switch for it.
    - How about this: An option to swap the Tap Tempo switch for a 3rd preset per bank.
    - Lose the Swell (it's better on the BigSky by far) and Ducking (who uses this anyway?) and add something more useful.
    - Ability to go down to 1 millisecond delay time per Mode.
    - Make the dTape as good as the El Cap.
    - Have a notch in the Mix dial so it clicks into the notch exactly at 3pm, the 50/50% wet/dry.
    - Make the 'light blinks when you turn the dial close to where the preset setting is' way more accurate.

etc etc

3. earwax

earwax Supporting Member

These are all good suggestions. On top of this I would ask for

- a revamped dual delay that you can select exact delay times of each delay down to the ms. The ratio thing is very annoying to me. It would be better for me so I could make some offset delay presets like on my Eventide algorithms. And dual delay should be available on every machine for the most part.

- make the grit sound better. Sounds pretty awful and fake to me.

- I think there needs to be a mod delay algorithm. It's my favorite delay on my H9 and I don't feel like I can get the Timeline to match it at all.

- seems difficult to set up ping pong delays on the timeline. Maybe they could make that easier.

4. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

Glass Nexus mk2 anyone?

5. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

That would be cool.

6. ufo~

ufo~ Member

The right side machines of the BigSky are worlds unto themselves. Cloud, Magneto, Non-Linear... mind blowing.

7. capt4inslow

capt4inslow Member

I also attended last year as well.

It was pretty cool!

[​IMG]

8. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Nearfield monitors? lol

9. TheKermitC

TheKermitC Member

I'm hoping for the same!!

10. ufo~

ufo~ Member

Damn. If Strymon builds a looper my wallet will implode.

11. rck

rck Supporting Member

yeah, but damn it, those two together: Strymon + Looper

have to admit it, I look more forward to Strymon releases than almost any other company...

12. treeuh

treeuh Member

I'm with you on a few, but I use ducking HEAPS!! It's my swells setting. It allows me to have massive trails and infinite trails/pads, but as soon as I swell in the next chord, it fades out the precious one. It's brilliant.

13. Peeb

Peeb Member

Agree!

14. shoepedals

shoepedals Vendor

You know, I don't use ducking very much but it is really cool so I'd keep it. Like, you can have delays come in only after you stop playing and build to crazy oscillation but go back away if you start playing again. That's cool.

Swell mode is way better now after they updated the firmware so i would keep that as well. It was a bit wonky on the first version for sure, though. Now, there are also swell modes in all three of the big guys but I don't really mind that. They are good for different things.

One thing I'd love to see as a Mobius update, actually, is a panner mode on pattern trem.

Like, right now if you have two inputs, L and R, you can have them go up and down in volume at the opposite times but the signals always stay in channel L and channel R. What would be REALLY cool (I have a custom pedal that does this in analog), is if you had the actual signal from L pan over to R in synch with the LFO and vice versa. Then you can flip one channel out of phase with the other as well and have interesting cancellation effects when the mix is 50/50 in the middle of the sweep.

I'd also like to see a patch to Magneto mode on BigSky that changes it so that you always set the time to the first repeat in ms or bpm and then it just adds more repeats after that at the right intervals (currently it takes the last repeat time and divides that by the number of repeats which gets pretty tough to dial in).

15. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

That would be cool. Not very useful live but would sound amazing for recording.

16. shoepedals

shoepedals Vendor

Oh, actually it's REALLY cool live if you run stereo amps. What it essentially does is pan your signals across the room. So, like say you have delay on one signal and dry signal on the other, you end up with the delay sounding like it is moving around the room and coming at you from different locations.

If you do the out of phase trick you end up with some leslie-like sounds, etc.

17. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

Yeah I understand how it works. I've just never been thrilled with the way stereo rigs come across through FOH in most venues. Really depends on what you're working with though. If you're set up to have it work live it would be amazing.

18. shoepedals

shoepedals Vendor

Oh yeah, that's true. FOH can be an issue. Heh most of the times if i play live it's in someplace small so FOH ends up basically being vocals.

19. earwax

earwax Supporting Member

So is anyone on this board going to social and maybe live blog it?

20. capt4inslow

capt4inslow Member

I'm on the waitlist because I wasn't keeping my eyes out...