2nd Les Paul in as many weeks...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wes37, Feb 2, 2015.

1. wes37

wes37 Supporting Member

I really don't have a problem....other than finding some nice USA LPs here in Japan that I must liberate!

Pics first...caramel burst or honey burst? Either way, 2002 LP Standard in great condition:
    [​IMG]

Here next to my 2011 Trad:
    [​IMG]

I recently found a "Recycle Store" here in Japan that stocks everything you can think of, including some nice guitars. They still have a Gibson Custom Shop LP Junior, 1968 Fender tele with Bigsby, a Trad LP and other nice guitars. They have some lower end models as well, but the interesting thing is that they clean them, put on new strings, and will sometimes tune it for you before giving it to you to test...arigato, amigo-san!

So...before I leave this summer, the wife has approved a similar excursion solo in Tokyo so I can go to the famous guitar street and lose my noodle. The only rule she gave me; I must come back with a guitar. She's a keeper! The plan is to find that elusive SG or Explorer I've dreamed of...or whatever else I might stumble upon.

Back to this guitar...a slight tweak to the truss rod, slightly lowered the bridge, and it sounds and plays great. Someone did the 50's mod with the stock components...I like how it sounds a little more open than a stock Standard.

Wes

2. RTR

RTR Supporting Member

Nice find!

3. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Member

4. G.Ham

G.Ham Member

5. tcdrover

tcdrover Member

Iced tea?

Congrats!

I'm jealous it looks sweet.

I like it better than the standard in that pic.