• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sold 2nd Price Drop: 2008 Koll Jr. Glide hand built by Saul Koll

pwilson

Silver Supporting Member
$1750 (was $1850, $1950), shipped ConUS, please add 3% for Paypal.

This is a custom made one of a kind 2008 Koll Jr. Glide hand built by Saul Koll. This is a handmade guitar by a master luthier and the workmanship, components and hardware are absolutely superb throughout.

The original owner's description of the guitar:

“As you can see from the pictures, this guitar was a custom order. The body is one piece mahogany with a one piece mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard. The finish is essentially natural, although I did ask Saul to yellow the lacquer a bit to give the guitar a more vintage look. The electronics consist of two Lindy Fralin P-90 pickups with individual volume and tone controls. The tone control for the neck pickup is also a pull-pot which puts the pickups out of phase when in the dual position mode. Other one-off options include a trapeze tailpiece and Les Paul Jr. style pickguard which Saul custom made for me (he also made a second pickguard in white which will be included).

The guitar itself is lightweight and very resonant unplugged. The Fralin pickups sound great…everything you would expect in an excellent set of P-90’s. This is truly a one of a kind guitar, you won’t be disappointed.”

Specifications:
  • Neck One piece mahogany, medium C
  • Body One piece mahogany
  • Fingerboard Rosewood
  • Frets 22 (.103 x 0.46)
  • Tuners Gotoh vintage Kluson Style
  • Finish Lacquer
  • Pickups Fralin P90’s – stock bridge, 10% under wind neck
  • Controls Two volume, Two Tone (pull pot on neck tone control for out of phase)
  • Weight 7 pounds 15 ounces
Neck measurements (as best I could measure with calipers:
  • Nut - 0.848" deep, 1.665" wide
  • 12th Fret - 0.94" deep, 2.052" wide
Many more photos here https://goo.gl/photos/PUxPC7RsBCMQvMVb6

The original cost for this guitar was ~ $3000. I tried to take pictures of any nicks or dents I could find (see pics). Overall the guitar is in great condition with most of the wear visible only if you have the light on the finish just right. It plays flawlessly with a nice low action.

Original TKL hardshell case and case candy included. This guitar will ship fully insured.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom