2nd reverb to go with neunaber

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by the pearl, Apr 16, 2015.

1. the pearl

the pearl Silver Supporting Member

Hey all - I have a neunaber stereo wet - great great pedal very versatile and you can add the shimmer thing if going ambient with a volume pedal (beauty)

QUESTION : looking for a second reverb to go with along side the neunaber so we can cover all reverbs i would need.
    I have considered the strymon blue sky ( great for stacking for ambient music) and this may be the answer
    But I am wondering if I should grab something like a red panda context/ HOF/ rv5 or other pedal that has all the presets like plate spring hall church room etc for when I'm playing blues or just some good ol rock -
    just looking for opinions - which way would you go for a nice stackable reverb with the neunaber and a great stand alone to fill in gaps the neunaber may have for certain styles thanks !!

2. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

3. smitty.west

smitty.west Senior Member

i never thought i'd run two reverbs together- despite being an ambient junkie-, but after reading another users post i found my flint in 80's mode (set for an infinite type thing) into the wet (or slate in my case) made for an epic ambient sound. sure, there's options offering more versatility, but i loved this. that said, curious about the context myself.

4. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Can't go wrong with a Space.

5. ryandfl

ryandfl Supporting Member

What I want to go with my Wet is a Super Spring Theory.

6. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Hardwire Supernatural, Polara, or RV-7

Hector Arcadius likes this.
  7. the pearl

I am with you and the big sky too but i just don't need all that just yet - but those things are killer

I see the context
    dr scientist reverberator
    rv5
    rv7
    catherdral
    and hall of fame have all those different room choices
    think maybe those are just unnecessary i don't know - great ideas folks keep them coming

8. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

I have a BigSky and Stereo Wet - and I'm considering adding a TC Trinity (HOF) or Boss RV-5.

I'm addicted to verb, mannnnnn.
    :band

9. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

I have a Stereo Slate wedged between a pair of H9s. It's a great setup for me.

10. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

I've got a HOF teamed up with a stereo WET on one board and a Topanga and a mono WET on another.

11. Resonate01

Resonate01 Member

While I love the RV-5, it's biggest weakness are the natural reverbs. Spring, room, hall, etc. all sound fake and metallic sounding to me. It excels on the modulate setting, which is one of my favourite sounds of all time.

For natural I'd pick the HoF or RV-7, for ambient I'd take the rv5.

12. muletrane

muletrane Supporting Member

I love my H9/Slate combo. The Slate covers my all around nice ambient reverb needs. While my H9 covers the weird/strange/unusual/cosmic reverbs, plus waaaay more. :)

13. guspc

guspc Supporting Member

Serenity Reverb by Midnight 30 Music. Great for ambient tones. Affordable and Handmade in upstate NY!

14. minty901

minty901 Member

natural - rv7/polara. ambient - hof.

hof doesnt sound like a real acoustic space. its too dark. if you turn the tone knob to max then it can get close to a realistic space, but the digitech ones are better options. for ambient the hof is great cause its so smooth and pad-like. all the settings on the hof are unnecessary though; they basically sound the same but with different maximum settin on the decay etc.

15. the pearl

Anyone have experineced with the cusack sweet verb ? Allows you to dial in the size if the room. Just wondering opinions on this application

16. thkh

thkh Member

17. TheKermitC

TheKermitC Member

+1 Agree. I use the Keeley Caverns before the WET. I really like its modulated reverb setting

18. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

The Eventide H9 has several things that are sort of like reverb, but aren't really reverb, like Ultratap, Blackhole, Multitap, Resonators, and a few others. These work really well feeding other reverbs, acting like unusual diffusers.

Oh. Yeah. It has some great reverbs, too.

19. Kennyscrown

Kennyscrown Member

I am thinking of another Neunaber pedal to pair with my Stereo Slate.

I'll probably go with the Immerse. This will give me the Plate/Spring/Hall etc. Whilst enabling me to keep the Slate for shimmer and scatter delay.

I'd be interested in other people's opinion. I've already had the Blue Sky and the Flint. I preferred the latter but am about to get a Mobius mainly for the Trem (and phaser) which I loved on the Flint, but which wasn't stereo.

20. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

How about just adding the Neunaber ExP pedal so you can load up 4 different verbs on your existing Neunaber pedal?

ZachSelindh, your name here and Lef T like this.