2X10 and 4X10 cabs are underrated (for guitarists)

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
2x10s & 3x10s work great for vintage Fender Bassman, Showman, and Bandmaster heads. Especially open back cabs with a Strat or Tele.

vashuba

Silver Supporting Member
I kinda wanna built a vertical 210 combo kinda like the soldano astroverb

Echoplexi

Gold Supporting Member
I really want to have a 12/10 cab made. I’ve got a spare EV12L and a EVM10M sitting around that probably would kill together

bigtone23

I really like a closed back 4x10" cab. The Marshall 1965 cab is certainly a defacto standard for this, much like their 4x12" cabs are, too. My ears are certainly tuned to the midrange character of 12" speakers, but multiple 10" sound soooo good.
My Fender Bassman Ten combo has a closed back 4x10" speaker compliment. Even with the tired and loose original Utah speakers, it had a killer punch to it. Replaced those with early 80s Celestion white label G10S-50 and I couldn't be happier. These speakers have a smooth top end, big, tight lows and neutral mids. Perfect match for the closed cab.

socalscott

2x10s & 3x10s work great for vintage Fender Bassman, Showman, and Bandmaster heads. Especially open back cabs with a Strat or Tele.
Early Montrose, BM + LP. I had no idea. Boy, my BM-ish clone with 10-way tone stack bypass will Rock The Nation indeed!

socalscott

So, my Bandmaster-ish clone(Avatar) has 3 Classic Alnico Webers. Dream RAWK tones and much more.
Next to it I re-amp a tiny Fryette gp/di valvulator 1W head with internal RL and analog cab/mic sim section. A/B test is surprisingly close...SMH. BTW, using an older Acoustasonic SFX2! Great AITR...analog punch and I can move that "punch" around.

Top Bottom