2x12 cab love

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SWSNick, Sep 17, 2008.

1. SWSNick

SWSNick Member

I think that the 65 cabs are the best I've played, but the tophat and the new Vox heritage cabs are just so good looking, any experience with these guys or others that really impressed you?

I need to specify, I'm looking for my hayseed 30 head, I've been running through my 95 ac30 and it is incredible, I just don't want to lug around my ac30 along with the hayseed head, I'd rather just a cab, and if it would fit in the ac30 roadcase, that would be very very swell

cheers
    Nick

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

I have been playing Emi Legends thru an Avatar 2x12 for the past few months. VERY pleased, especially compared to what others cost.

3. auraelux

auraelux Member

I think I'm gonna sell my vox 2x12 and get an Avatar with Celestions. I love the Dr.Z cabs personally :)

4. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

My Z Best will never leave me. The perfect cab for me

5. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

My Bob Burt vertical 2x12 is the best cab I have ever played through. It also happens to be the lightest and most resonant (antique pine, tolexed).

6. SWSNick

SWSNick Member

Anyone into the tophat cabs, the bob burt cabinets looked nice but they weren't quite the "look" that i'm going for, Love?

7. SWSNick

SWSNick Member

Anyone else got a word?

8. Ascension

Ascension Member

I have a pair of Avatars and a Fender late 80's 2/12. The Avatars are killers and great bang for the buck but the Fender is tha mac daddy. It's thicker and fatter than my 4/12!! I now have my 4/12 for sale as it is gathering dust.
    The Avatars are both the standard closed back Traditional cabs. I have a Blond Oxblood with 75 Watt Celestians and a Red with Black that has a pair of Vin 30's both are wired 8 ohms.
    The Fender 2/12 is from the late 80's and it has a 75 watt pair of 12's from a Genz Benz G-Flex. The Fender cab is wired 16 ohms. The Fender cab is pretty large and the speakers are staggered. The cab flat ROCKS the bottom end is very tight and it sounds MASSIVE with my 120 watt Prosonic head!!

9. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

My Marshall 1936 with stock G12T-75s sucks ass.

10. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

I had a Marshall 2x12 SIlver Jubilee cab w/G12T-75's.

It did indeed suck ass

11. notpetrucci

notpetrucci Member

My Mojo Diagonal 212 with a Greenback and a Heritage Greenback is the best cab in the world.

-Jon

12. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

At least yours was birch. Mine's a JCM 900 era 1936, so it's all MDF particle board. WEAK! It don't matter, sometimes I play my Valve Jr. through it, but it's mostly just to test my amp out at home when I make tweaks. The birch Vintage Modern cabs I have are niiiiiiice so I gig those.

13. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

StoneAge 2x12C!!!!!!

[​IMG]

14. ben_allison

ben_allison Member

jamison, i thought you were rocking a Port City 2x12OS. What made you switch?

15. SkydogFan81

SkydogFan81 Supporting Member

/13's are pretty good

16. rookie

rookie Member

and what do you think about this puppy?

cheap, good looking and i thought better sounding (cause i dont had the chance of try it)

[​IMG]

"Designed to be used with GH100/50L, VH100R along with all Laney tube combos. The GS212IE is fitted with 2x12" Celestion Seventy 80 drivers which provide the player with strong, tight mids and a pleasing lift in the upper range. Combine the GS212IE with a GH50L and get an amazing super compact but truly tuneful rig. The Laney GS212IE is constructed out of high-grade plywood construction and fitted with new top mount recessed grip handles for ease of portability"

around 220 euro (im afraind but i dont know how much this amount is in dollars; maybe 300 $??)

how are the celestion seventy 80 voiced?

17. GTRJoe

GTRJoe Supporting Member

I have a THD 2X12 that's very cool sounding. It's an older one with the THD modified Celestion Classic Lead 80's. I had one of the newer ones with the Longhorn/Vintage combination of speakers. I liked it until I got the older one.

18. SWSNick

SWSNick Member

I never did get a reply for a tophat cab who likes them? Or Swanson, I saw one of his that I really wanted, just something really quality that I can put a gold and a greenback in I think

19. leftyaxeslinger

leftyaxeslinger Supporting Member

I love this J Designs 2x12. It has a panel so it can be closed back or partially open. I'm diggin it closed right now. Pop out casters too. It has the Eminence Wizard/Private Jack combo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. spence

spence Member

I've had a number of Jeff Swanson's cabs. They all sounded great, but I settled on a (Swanson) Marshall slant style 2x12 (26"x26") with a removable center back panel and 2 Heritage G12H's. It flat out rocks.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008