2x12 Cab Suggestions for a 15w Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Lockjawpony, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Lockjawpony

Lockjawpony Member

I already have a Blackheart Little Giant 5w head and 1x12 matching cab which is very cool and sounds great. So great in fact that I spent weeks trying to find a 15 or so watt amp I could gig with that would sound as good, then I realized. Duh! They made this amp already in a 15 watt with the Handsome Devil. So on to ebay I went and found one for a reasonable price. Now for the cab.

I guess technically I could use the same 1x12 75 watt cab, but where's the fun in that?

I'd like to get a 2x12 to try to get a fuller sound on stage. But I have no idea where to start to even figure out what a good speaker and cab combination would be the best.

Any suggestions?

For reference, I play blues rock with a single coil strat with seymour duncan California 50's pickups.

2. small axe

small axe Member

u can look into avatar cabs. people r happy with those. u can try stonehenge. for speakers there are so many u can use with the 15 watts in a 2x12 like celestion v30s or g12-h30s or the like or u can get scumbacks. depends on what you want and the price you are willing to pay.

3. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

The Carvin 212V is a screamin' deal on sale at $250 right now (normally $300). Smaller for a 212 and with a convertible back (open/closed). The VHT Special 6 212 is nice as well. Same price ballpark, and includes two jacks with a switch for mono/stereo operation.

The Avatar cabs are very good, and you get your choice of Celestion or Eminence speakers at different prices points, but they aren't the bargain they once were.

4. lostpoet2

lostpoet2 Supporting Member

Just make sure you buy a cab that is made from wood (probably voidless plywood or pine) and not MDF.

5. skunx

skunx Member

I have a peavey vertical 212 I'm going to be selling. Close to vegas.

6. saneff

saneff Gold Supporting Member

Fuchs Feiten Vintage cab. Absolutely incredible.

7. PaulHudgins

PaulHudgins Member

I have a StoneAge 2X12C that is great. If you are on a budget I would look at Avatar. If you are on a really tight budget I would look used.

8. harry65

harry65 Member

I have an avatar open back 2 x 12 with Eminence GB 1216's which is the best cabinet I've ever heard in my life, they don't make the 16s anymore but you could get eights and wire them in parallel ????series ??? I don't know but one of those two , lol..........:bonk