2x12 Diagonal Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by DGDGBD, May 4, 2008.

1. DGDGBD

DGDGBD Member

I just got a Lopo Line 2x12 diagonal cab to pair with an old traynor bassmaster. Its loaded for now (until my Weber recones are returned) with a WGS V30 & CL80 combo. First impression - great low end thump! - much more than my jenkins 2x12. It rattles the floor joists like my big ampeg 4x12 cab. Aesthetically, its plainer compared to some of the higher end cabs but its seems like very sturdy, solid construction. Totally loving it so far.

2. eleanor296

eleanor296 Member

Thanks for the short review, right now I'm looking into getting a cab, and the diagonal 2x12s look nice. So they got nice low end? That's what I've been wondering. Kinda looking for the 4x12 sound without the weight and space, if you know what I mean. If you got any more to tell us about it, please, by all means, go ahead!

~Andy

3. DGDGBD

DGDGBD Member

I've only used it for about fifteen minutes so far, but didn't notice any rattles, boominess or anything like that. I decided to try the diagonal because I often have my standard 2x12 on its end vertical during gigs, and my amps are wider than the cabinet end. Its sealed back, front loaded and the grill cover velcros to the front with small nylon loops for easy removal. Size is approx 24"x24"x16" with inset side handles. I noticed that there are small holes in the corners of the bottom that are tolexed over - I suppose to allow easy installation of castors.

4. mims2

mims2 Member

Has anyone else tried this cab? I'm thinking about getting one. How would it sound with an extra 1x12 added with it?

5. frank4001

frank4001 Member

I have one of the Mojotone house models...sound pretty good and was cheap.....but it was red..I use to play and for speaker experiments...

6. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

I was after that poor-mans 4x12, so I built a 2x12 diagonal. It definitely sounds better that any conventional 2x12. And has 4x12 sound character. I used a V-30 and mojo BV-30V. I also made it a convertible back with a 7" removable panel. I'm glad I did that because it has a boomy/bass. Another thing is, it's very directional like a 4x12. so I built in some homemade Beam blockers that helped out alot. And made it rear load for a less modern aggressiveness. I used the Lopoline Dimensions roughly. I wanted those mods over the lopoline, and I'm glad I did. Da boys in da band think it sounds great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]