1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

3 Am Blue Bossa

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Tag, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

I could not sleep last night like usual, so I got up around 3:20 AM, took a leak :D, then decided to play my Martin for a few minutes. I went downstairs, plugged straight into the Roland, and did one take of Blue Bossa. Oh yea, I sleep in the nude, and this take was done like that. LOL!! (Take that Scott.) :p

Its hard to get a decent sound with a flat top for me. I was digging in real hard because I could not hear what I was playing. (No headphones, and the backing track was too loud)

Anyway, its the top clip here.....
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=121826

2. scottl

scottl Member

Great take Tag! Loved it. Nice tone too.... Even better than the Tippers!

I should pinch a few of these lines ;) Some good ones in there. I also heard a few of my triad thingies mixed in.....

Scott

3. duffyguitarman

duffyguitarman Member

Tag, Man this is the best thing I have ever heard from you. Never heard you on the acoustic, sounded great. Heard some things that reminded me of my days on tour with Earl. I was so into what I was listening to that I actually got the picture out of my mind regarding the circumstances of which it was recorded.:eek: :eek:.
    Very Good, Very Good.
    Peace,
    Duffy

4. ivers

ivers Member

Loved it man, the sound of the guitar was very nice! Don't know why, but I got sort of a Bireli vibe here... anyway, great stuff!

5. jamminoutloud1

jamminoutloud1 Supporting Member

Man, that was great! Nice lines!!! You got those diminshed lines down pat, great feel, great groove!!!

6. slackandsteel

slackandsteel Member

Great playing Tag. I hear hear lots of Benson style phrasing (a good thing!) and just fine playing all around. Be proud!

7. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

very good listening here bro. Diggin it!

8. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Oh yeah..... I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays acoustic nude in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. ;-)

9. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Scott.. Thanks! Learn some of mine, and you will be relearning some of yours for sure. ;)

Hey Duff! Still listening to your Christmas CD and being blown away! Always special getting a comment from a player of your level.

Ivers.. Great ear! I love Birelli, but am really not influenced by him. However, I listened to a ton of Birelli videos Scott turned me onto that day. Maybe a little of that vibe came out in the clip. The acoustic sound adds to it as well. There is actually one of your lines in there too. LOL! :AOK

Fret, Slack and jammin...Thanks for listening and the positive feedback! Next time Ill post a video! :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. DrSax

DrSax Member

great stuff. very nice.:AOK

11. marinblues

marinblues Member

Hey, this was really nice! Your attack really works well on an acoustic.