3 amps you would buy back

BSOD

Thought I’d start a 2021 version of your top 3 amps you wish you never sold. Looking for some inspiration for a new amp, and sometimes the ones we let go are the best.

My three are as follows. I moved these because I put a self imposed rule of only 3 Amps on myself. Currently sitting on a Vox AC10 Twin (vintage), 64 Deluxe Reverb (vintage), and a Gries 5, which is just so incredibly useful, has a big clean Fender clean, and is a perfect match with a Tone Tubby Winterland loaded cab.

These are the 3 I miss the most:

1) Tone King Imperial. It’s not 100% blackface Fender. But it does this sweet, warm tone that as much as I try with my ‘64 DR, I can never get it quite there. The Attenuator was outstanding, and didn’t crush tone if you were playing in a studio.

2) Lil Dawg D-Lux. I also went out and purchased the Speed shop AQ12. Incredible tone.

3) Tyler Amps HM-18. Basically a Vox AC15, with warmer mids and maybe some Marshall grind in there. Really unique while still sounding period correct. Great amp.

Would love to hear others....

martyncrew

Platinum Supporting Member
Vox Cambridge Reverb (Thomas Organ era)
Dr Z Carmen Ghia with Celestion Blue
Bogen Challenger 33 converted to a guitar head (just to see if it really does sound as good as I think I remember)

jnovac1

Silver Supporting Member
jim kelley facs
savage macht 12
dr.z maz38 sr.

i see some savage love around here!

DiPa

Constant GAS
Sebago 100W ODS
Marshall SLP1959 non-HW

both i sold cause I had others ones...

BSOD

Had that Carmen Ghia mini 25th anniversary head. That’s a great amp.

Lots of Lil Elvis. Might need to check that out

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
Amps I would buy back for what I sold them for:

- Fender '57 Custom Low Power Tweed Twin

I usually list something 6+ months after I have stopped using something. This was an exception and the only amp I would buy back.

Gibsonchild

Gumpy Old Man
Silver Supporting Member
Barber Echelon
Black Cat 30

Those are the only 2 I’d really like to have back. If I had to pick a 3rd, it would be either my JMP 2204 or my block logo 5150. That 5150 was a freaking monster.

Trending Topics