3 botique pedals ordered... Rockbox, Lovepedal, Suhr

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 10strings, Dec 19, 2009.

1. 10strings

10strings Member

New here... Hello. I was wondering how you would order these pedals. Ended up going with a Rockbox Boiling Point, Lovepedal Eternity Fuse, and a John Suhr Riot. I've never played any of these pedals but from the reviews and the demos I've listened too these pedals sounded killer!
    Can anyone chime in and tell me how they like the a above pedals and if anyone has stacked these before? I am desinging my 1st pedalboard after finally giving up on mult-effect units...

2. 10strings

10strings Member

Anyone? Thanks .... :)

3. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

Aren't those pedals rather similer?I would guess order would be pretty subjective with pedals that close in usage.Just give em a swap & see.

4. vintage66

vintage66 Member

I doubt even on this pedal-happy forum that many have tried all three of these. The Rockbox is pretty new as is the Suhr. How about a reveiw when they get there?

5. 10strings

10strings Member

Sure... I'd love to do a review after the holidays. Keep ya posted. Just got the Eternity Fuse and it is just awesome. Waiting on the other 2 pedals . : )

6. Motokid

Motokid Member

How's the Fuse sounding? I ordered mine and it should be here any day now

7. Mesanixta

Mesanixta Member

you will keep the boiling point and ditch the others, cause it is that good

8. madaxeman

madaxeman Member

:agree

9. swwee8

swwee8 Supporting Member

rockbox = amazingness

10. MrMunky

MrMunky Member

I have 1 and a half of these three pedals: An ordinary Eternity from a few years ago and a Suhr Riot.

The two pedals are quite different, at least as dirt boxes go. I've always thought of the Eternity as a successful effort to capture some of the character of a tweed Fender amp that's used with a treble booster.

The Riot I received only a couple of days ago. It is an extremely impressive pedal. It has a sophisticated voice that sounds like a combination of several gain structures running simultaneously, and it allows you to go from moderately-gainy crunch to all out screaming with your picking dynamics alone. I've heard amps that can do this, but I've not heard another pedal that does it nearly as well as the Riot.

Both the Eternity and Riot are excellent for running into a clean amp.

11. 10strings

10strings Member

Thanks guys... Yeah the fuse is amazing no matter how awesome the Rockbox is I have a hard time believing I will ditch the Eternity Fuse... I am glad to hear lots are liking the Suhr Riot and it sounds like between the 3 of them that there is going to be some nice variation. Can you comment of the main sound diffenence between the rockbox and the fuse since you have both?

12. GibsonSVG19

GibsonSVG19 Member

I didnt know Suhr made pedals lol. That Riot looks interesting, can you demo or review? You made 3 really good choices imo. What are you running them into?

13. 10strings

10strings Member

Mesanixta, yep... I diagreed with you thinking there was no way I'd get rid of my Lovepedal but it seems as if you are correct. The Rockbox is just that amazing... Although my Lovepedal Fuse is a great pedal and worth it's price the sound was too similar to keep both. The Rockbox was just full of organic color like a rich red candy apple that just oozed with tone. Wow... Better than I was hoping for. Such depth and richness! The Lovepedal was still a great pedal and liked the glass control also. But the Rockbox won and the Lovepedal will go on Ebay. I canceled the order on the Suhr until a latter date... I am just so happy with my tone as it is... Chris did a good thing with the Rockbox! Mine is Black and Red and very nice on the eyes as well.... : ) haha

14. 10strings

10strings Member

I wonder what would go well with the Rockbox Boiling Point and the Suhr Riot to add something different. Or perhaps I am getting greedy at this point... hehe : / Probably just a case of GAS.

15. Cap'nMayhem

Cap'nMayhem Member

Check out the Menatone Shut Up And Drive.

16. 10strings

10strings Member

Was not impressed with the Youtube videos of the Menatone (personally)... Thanks for the suggestion though. Looking for something that would compliment the Boiling Boint and Suhr Riot...

17. supersonic1414

supersonic1414 Silver Supporting Member

YOu are missing out if you dismiss the SUAD based on youtube videos. It is an amazing and versatile pedal..

18. 10strings

10strings Member

Yeah, perhaps I watched the wrong videos. : ) Not sure how the it would compliment and add something different to the Boiling Point and Riot though... Or what other pedal would.

19. roquero

roquero Supporting Member

I use my Rockbox with a Tim- with the Tim after the Rockbox in the chain
    I prefer the plexi setting on the Rockbox.
    A Tim or Timmy after yours will probably sound sweet!

20. 10strings

10strings Member

I think the Tim may be too close to the Rockbox. I may go with something like a germanium Fuzz for variance between the Boiling Point and Riot.