3 humbucker series/parallel wiring with CRL-style 5-position SuperSwitch

Chris Scott

I'm looking for a wiring diagram that shows how to implement the 2-row 5 position CRL style "Superswitch" into a 3 humbucker, one volume, one tone guitar, in order to get a series/parallel effect out of all 3 pickups....fwiw, all pickups are side by side, with a double blade Strat-style in the middle.

...and since there's a hole in between the 2 pots already for a micro switch, one can be added if need be, though I'd prefer not as I'm planning to fill the hole.

It can also be that the parallel wiring is only on the 2 and 4 positions, but I'd prefer it to be for all 5 positions.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What you're looking for is a wiring diagram. Schematics aren't generally easy for layman to understand.
For reference, this is a schematic:

http://rickenbacker.com/pdfs/19501.pdf

You're not going to find a diagram that shows series/parallel for every pickup, since there aren't enough positions on the switch.
What you can do is make some other switches series/parallel for each pickup, for instance:
push/pull volume for neck pickup
mini-toggle for middle pickup
push/pull treble-cut knob for bridge pickup

If it were me, I'd forgo doing a series/parallel for a stacked humbucker, those things are already weak in series, so parallel would likely be a non-starter.

Chris Scott

What you're looking for is a wiring diagram. Schematics aren't generally easy for layman to understand.
For reference, this is a schematic:

http://rickenbacker.com/pdfs/19501.pdf

You're not going to find a diagram that shows series/parallel for every pickup, since there aren't enough positions on the switch.
What you can do is make some other switches series/parallel for each pickup, for instance:
push/pull volume for neck pickup
mini-toggle for middle pickup
push/pull treble-cut knob for bridge pickup

If it were me, I'd forgo doing a series/parallel for a stacked humbucker, those things are already weak in series, so parallel would likely be a non-starter.

You're right - I meant to say diagrams, but I was in a hurry and didn't even notice until you mentioned it...:D

Makes sense re. the middle (stacked) 'bucker btw.:cool:

Chris Scott

Turns out the middle pickup's gonna be a double-blade DP151, so anyone know a layout that'll work for this?

Trending Topics