• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

3 Monkeys new laydown 2x12

guitartech

Just built this week for an artist in Nashville (who would rather have his speakers side by side instead of up and down). Our normal 2x12 would look strange on its side (or perhaps very Beetlejuice). Let me know what you guys think of the new cabinet.

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
Love it...'cept for the "amps". 3 MONKEYS seems way cleaner (besides, if folks don't know its an amp, well....). Asymmetry rules! And 3 Monkeys sound great.

guitartech

Love it...'cept for the "amps". 3 MONKEYS seems way cleaner (besides, if folks don't know its an amp, well....). Asymmetry rules! And 3 Monkeys sound great.
Well, I tried spreading out just 3 Monkeys over the length, didn't look good. So added the amps and kept almost the same spacing as the other cabs...

homebrewer99

Silver Supporting Member
+1 for just using "3 Monkeys" on the logo. I actually like this setup more than the vertical cabinet. VERY cool.

cheers,
homebrewer

rickmebe

:agree Drop "amps" from the cab. Killer looking set up otherwise. Definitely prefer the horizontal cab...

rickmebe

Well, I tried spreading out just 3 Monkeys over the length, didn't look good. So added the amps and kept almost the same spacing as the other cabs...
Just center "3 Monkeys" with the same spacing you have now. It would be about the same width as the head centered on the cab...

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Amazing looking setup. Maybe my favorite look ever.

I agree that "amps" should be dropped from the cab. Just center 3 Monkeys in the current size.

Efisy

I prefer the vertical / diagonal cab because it is prettier (less gross), leads the head to a good height for the settings and the provisions of speakers seems to me more interesting. The final look more like the coffin, I think that is really the visual identity of 3 Monkeys beetlejuice style!

We should not rely on pics, 3 Monkeys amps are not big, top, is
fairly small, so I think that this configuration leads to the head very close to the ground ...
Therefore not very practical for settings ...

I agree also to say that 'AMPS' is too ...

However, the advantage of this horizontal version is for the multiple stack configuration cab, the base is more stable than the vertical stack can not
cabs several problems, for against it takes more space in width More ...

In fact it's different, I think we should continue to distribute 3 types of
cabinets (1 x 12, 2 x 12 vertical / diagonal and horizontal 2 x 12), since, regardless design, and before a matter of taste, all are done for different purposes and each have their qualities and shortcomings ...

In my humble opinion, I think if it was not much room, we want to reduce the cost, we choose a 1 x 12, if one wishes to take multiple stack cab on a 2 x 12 and if you want a traditional use or mixed use of speakers and traditionnal coffin design take the vertical ...

It's just a matter of look ...

Level accoustique I think it has much the same thing?

Efisy

yes it can be fun ...
Me I find it hard to choose ... I loved the previous logo (the monkey's head), and the new one is excellent also ...

The only suggestion I would make would be to put a device backlight behind the logo of the head (as Divided by 13, Matchless etc. ...) but maybe it will not give anything because of the surface glitter .. .

Anyway I think the basic design was very good and there is no need to continually return to it because it is already very thorough and very successful I think not?

Nolatone Ampworks

Platinum Supporting Member
That's cool man. More fun that...well...three monkeys!

Wonder how it'd look if the head box were widened and the cab flipped so it wasa a constant taper from top to bottom? Larger footprint required though.

Cool stuff. I look forward to hearing it in person!

fyler

looks killer. a bit Silvertone-ish, but i think those still look cool, so...

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
Looks amazing!! I really prefer the look of the lay-down cab.

All hail 3 Money Samps! :D

Efisy

Opinions seem to be very divided ...

As against it must be nice several horizontal cabs stacked But I think it's still far too low and far too large compared to the
head

dewman

Looks real nice. I am mixed about including 'amps' or not with the 3 Monkeys text. One thing is cool, you can see the logo from far away on the cabs, regardless of what style. It was the first thing that caught my eye when looking in Premier Guitar magazing a few issues ago where they had some picts of Hubert Sumlin and Buddy Guy jamming on the Experience Hendrix tour and sitting right between them was Brad Whitford's '3 Monkeys' rig. I saw a recent pict somewhere of Elvis Costello with a light blue 1x12 3 Monkeys, so the logo works great from far away on the cab. I like the vertical style cabinet best personally more for me because when actually using this live in a band setting the controls are up off of the ground and easily reached. That being said- I think you've shown that the 1x12 combo, the vertical 2x12 and the horizontal 2x12 all look really cool with the 5 degree thing you do (trapezoid, rhombus, whatever geometrical term...). It would be cool if logo were magnetic so you could slap them on and off easily in vertical or horizontal cab arrangements. Hmmm....The head looks cool as hell on top of my 4x12 basketweave cab, even though its a plain old square cab, but I bet a 4x12 done up monkeys style would also be very cool looking. I just bought a few things recently and sort of blew my free cash but soon will get the matching vertical cab for the 3 Monkeys head I have. The other thread showing that light tan suede material for the head and cab is off the hook.

wichita

I want you to do a complete horizontal 4-12 so the label says 3 monkeys amps are groovy

* velcro-fly *

Silver Supporting Member
Love the look of the 2x12 under the head and think "3 Monkey Samps" is a pretty cool name for a company

Trending Topics