• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

3 Monkeys

Sam Evans

Compliance Officer
I had the chance to play through a 3 Monkeys today, and man-o-man is it cool. Mostly cleans, but Lance pushed a few pedals through it too. At lower volumes, it had plenty of push and low-end. The highs were glassy yet meaty (is that possible?). I'd love to hear it at higher volumes.

All this in a very nice package. I love the look of the amp, though I can't speak to its construction.

SE
CI

keith_t4e

I've been to the shop where they are built. They are awesome. The cabs are built like a tank. The guy who builds the heads is probably one of the smartest amp guys I've ever been around.

Rusty G.

Would you consider the amps more in the American style or British style?

I've seen the video of Lance with his Hen-Bev playing the 3 Monkey Orangutan, and it's a great sounding amp. Does it have a Master Volume? Does it have to go to 11 to sound good or can it get great tone at a reasonable volume?

Here's the YouTube video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnp7Q4YM1sM

Sam Evans

Compliance Officer

I've seen the video of Lance with his Hen-Bev playing the 3 Monkey Orangutan, and it's a great sounding amp. Does it have a Master Volume? Does it have to go to 11 to sound good or can it get great tone at a reasonable volume?

Couldn't put the amp on a continent. I liked the slightly scooped mids, but the 6V6s filled in the middle perfectly. At low volumes it sounded superb. I never felt the need to turn it up. My experience was short, but I wanted more.

Dunno about the MV.

S

guitartech

I'm one of the partners in 3 Monkeys...

@Rusty G: We didn't base the amp off any one type of amp. We have been told by players that they hear Marshall, Fender, Vox, Hiwatt, Orange, Trainwreck, and Dumble tones out of the amp (their words not mine). When we were shaping the character of the amp we were listening to old Humble Pie, Aerosmith, and ZZ Top. We were going more for a vibe than a particular sound.

It does not have a Master Volume, yet we feel the amp is usable at low to medium volumes. I personally like the amp set about one o'clock. Maybe a little loud for some but I think when played with a band it is the perfect volume IMHO.

@Sam Evans: Thanks for the kind words, next time get Lance to let you turn it up ;)

Greg

dewman

I love mine- It is a fantastic amp. Lately mine has been exceptionally well matched with a Germino 4x12 straight cabinet loaded with greenbacks.

One additional feature is how well this amp takes pedals. It is fantastic.

sgslinger

I'm one of the partners in 3 Monkeys...

@Rusty G: We didn't base the amp off any one type of amp. We have been told by players that they hear Marshall, Fender, Vox, Hiwatt, Orange, Trainwreck, and Dumble tones out of the amp (their words not mine). When we were shaping the character of the amp we were listening to old Humble Pie, Aerosmith, and ZZ Top. We were going more for a vibe than a particular sound.

It does not have a Master Volume, yet we feel the amp is usable at low to medium volumes. I personally like the amp set about one o'clock. Maybe a little loud for some but I think when played with a band it is the perfect volume IMHO.

@Sam Evans: Thanks for the kind words, next time get Lance to let you turn it up ;)

Greg
We will be doing that this weekend Greg! Sammy.......................c'mon by, or stay home you'll probably hear it! LOL

Ronnie

Trending Topics