3 Pentatonic Exercises You Never Played - And you are missing out! :)

JensL

Happy New Year Geartarists!

I am quite sure you decided to spend more time practicing in 2017, so here are some new ways to work through the Pentatonic scale.

It is incredible how wide the range of sounds you can pull from a minor pentatonic scale is! This video is on 3 exercises and some licks showing how to make some great modern sounds with a simple A minor pentatonic scale.

You can download a PDF and read the article on my blog via this link:
http://jenslarsen.nl/3-pentatonic-scale-exercises-never-played/

Hope you like it!

Jens

vintagelove

Happy New Year Geartarists!

I am quite sure you decided to spend more time practicing in 2017, so here are some new ways to work through the Pentatonic scale.

It is incredible how wide the range of sounds you can pull from a minor pentatonic scale is! This video is on 3 exercises and some licks showing how to make some great modern sounds with a simple A minor pentatonic scale.

You can download a PDF and read the article on my blog via this link:
http://jenslarsen.nl/3-pentatonic-scale-exercises-never-played/

Hope you like it!

Jens

That guitar sounds so good. I recorded someone who brought one in...

I'm a lefty so I get no love.

Amp? Nice lines as well.

Phletch

Thanks again for a great lesson, Jens. Being a wide-interval player, and, let's face it, a pentatonic-loving guitarist, I'm always looking for more sophisticated phrasing ideas. Looking forward to more good stuff from you in the new year!

JensL

Thanks again for a great lesson, Jens. Being a wide-interval player, and, let's face it, a pentatonic-loving guitarist, I'm always looking for more sophisticated phrasing ideas. Looking forward to more good stuff from you in the new year!
You're welcome! I guess most guitar players like the petatonic scale?

Jens

Phletch

I recall Larry talk about using his triad approach as a means to utilise wider intervals in his playing.
Yep. He's where I got the idea. I figured that by combining the triads, pents, and chromatics I've got all the bases covered and increased my odds of nailing those "money notes." :p

Trending Topics