3 pickup pickguard for American Deluxe tele

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bammbamm, Mar 24, 2020.

1. bammbamm

bammbamm Member

Hi.

I'm trying to turn my American Deluxe tele into a Nashville style, with 3 pickups. I got a Nashville set of Micro-coil pickups from Bill Lawrence to replace the N3s. The Deluxe already has a route for a middle pickup. However, I already made a wrong purchase regarding the pickguard which didn't fit. I just wanted to get input from you guys if you know of a 3 pickup pickguard or pickguard manufacturer that would fit perfectly in the Am deluxe routes.

Thank you very much!!!

2. big-ez

big-ez Supporting Member

Warmouth is great, and they have a pickup-guard builder tool on their site that should get you what you need.

3. John C

John C Supporting Member

The very first American Deluxe Teles were Nashville configuration - I'm not sure how long that lasted, probably no longer than the first 12 months or so of production before Fender changed the model to the traditional 2-pickup configuration.

At any rate here is the service manual for the 1998/Nashville configuration American Deluxe Tele; it has the full parts list so you should be able to get a pickguard with the middle rout from Fender.

https://p4.zdassets.com/hc/theme_assets/549136/200076499/010-5500_02C_SISD.pdf

4. bammbamm

bammbamm Member

Thanks for the post. I didn't know about that.

5. bammbamm

bammbamm Member

That's great. I'll try warmoth as well. Thanks!

6. rednoise

rednoise Member

Nashville Tele pickguards are very common. You can get them lots of places, including amazon and eBay.

It appears that I can't include an amazon link, but search for "nashville telecaster pickguard" and you will find many to choose from.

7. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

Warmoth all day on this one. I only buy Strat pickguards from them. I'd imagine Tele pickguards would be just as awesome. They usually belt them out pretty quick too!

Gig Young likes this.