3 Sigma Audio Amplifier Preset.

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by gluve95, Jan 2, 2018.

1. gluve95

gluve95 Member

Just bought the 3SA Amplifier Vintage preset pack today. And I love them. I have bought a ton of other presets and have never been happy. The pack comes with 20 presets Has Vox,Tweed,Twin and Deluxe. Five preset for each amp. Clean,Crunch,High Gain, Lead and Pushed. And I liked every last one of them. Like I said I have tried a lot of others and never really been happy. So I have done my own. And I basically liked my own . But always felt the right skilled person could get a lot better out if the Amplifier. And they have. I already had a lot of 3SA IR's. And I liked and use some them in my own presets . Their IR's had to have a little low end adjusted but I always felt they where more amp in the room like then others. So I gave these a try. Did not have to do the low end adjustments like on the IR's. Sounded good right off the bat. Fist time I've gotten a Vox sound I like out of the Amplifier. Also sounded good in all three pickup positions on my 72 Thineline Reissue Telecaster with Brandonwound wide range pickups. With coil tap. My own presets only seem to sound good in one position. Just got to test each preset for a minute and not in band mix yet. But I have very high hopes. Right now I would say it's the best $15.00 purchase I've ever made. Would have gladly paid more.

Madmax25 and RolandKorg like this.
  2. Madmax25

Madmax25 Member

Thank you for taking the time to post this, I’ve been curious about these. I’ll have to try them out.

3. gluve95

gluve95 Member

I've spent a little more time with these .Not as enamored with them as originally. But they are still very good. Will make a few minor adjustments. Reverb settings are a little over the top. But their idea to make the reverb level low but trails long on some patches create interesting sounds. And the turn the low damp on reverb up a lot. That is useful. They change the chain order up in some interesting ways that I think makes some positive differences. They don't make any use of the damping in the amp block. Always at 100. I'll change most all of those to between 30_50. I think using damping on the Amplifier makes almost every amp model sound significantly better. I think as is I like my Clean patches better then these. But a few small adjustments that could change. But some of their crunch, High gain and lead beat most my own. My favorite lead tones are on the Korn and Plexi. Gain turned down. And this pack does not have those amps. So I think I'll buy the High Gain pack. So so far while not perfect they are the best I've paid for. But as always your results and opinion may differ.

4. Jarick

Jarick Member

Well it would be interesting to see what those IR's are like.

They have so much going for them...access to great gear, high production value, a handful of options, low price per pack...but then they end up with these really hyped strange sounding impulses.

5. gluve95

gluve95 Member

I must be an odd ball . I like hyped. On the cleaner anyway. (Blues and Supro) You have to tame them a bit. They just seam more amp like to me. That being said these IR's seem tamer. But that could be amp settings though

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018