$30 strat neck...

rockon1

OK bought this strat neck direct from China. 2 weeks and its here. Impressed with the build quality. Though the frets are on the small side (my preference is larger) they seem well dressed. After adjusting the rod to they seem very level too. The board (supposedly rosewood) looks great. The abolone dots look great too. Satin finish seems smooth and even. Thats all for now. Wont know more until I use it.

bluesy

Supporting Member
Looks pretty nice! Please keep us informed once you have it functioning. Did they give you the heel dimensions? Curious to know if it is a direct fit with or a lot of “adjustment “. Was it AliExpress, by chance?

CanserDYI

Man that board actually looks really nice. Wonder if those grains are painted on or something.

Tony Done

The grain in the maple(?) looks very good, and the small flaws wouldn't bother me at all.

"Rosewood" covers a wide range of timber. I wonder which one it is?

TrickyNicky

Did it come with a nut installed already? I bought a cheapo neck a few years back since it was basically beer money and while it wasn’t as nice as a whole as yours, the nut was the real standout stinker.

Jim85IROC

I've used a couple cheap necks with great results. I bought a baseball bat of a strat neck with a paddle headstock from GFS for $30 that I shaped and lacquered for my Strat. More recently I bought a finished 24 3/4 scale 3x3 neck for my son's guitar for about $35 that plays great.

rockon1

Looks pretty nice! Please keep us informed once you have it functioning. Did they give you the heel dimensions? Curious to know if it is a direct fit with or a lot of “adjustment “. Was it AliExpress, by chance?
Will do. Not Aliexpreess -just a random Chinese seller with good feedback. At $29.99 Im not in deep.

rockon1

Did it come with a nut installed already? I bought a cheapo neck a few years back since it was basically beer money and while it wasn’t as nice as a whole as yours, the nut was the real standout stinker.
Nut is pre installed. Considering the rest Im ok with replacing it. I actually figured I'd have to anyways.

rockon1

I've used a couple cheap necks with great results. I bought a baseball bat of a strat neck with a paddle headstock from GFS for $30 that I shaped and lacquered for my Strat. More recently I bought a finished 24 3/4 scale 3x3 neck for my son's guitar for about $35 that plays great.
Pleasantly surprised by the shape of this neck. Its a substantial c shape but not too meaty.

Tootone

Let me grab my Crystal Ball...

Yes, the haze is retreating, your future is clear...

I see hundreds of hours of fettling, shifting, tweaking, heaving, knocking, shaving, snipping, filing, drilling, spending, filling, tuning, sanding, painting, selling...

But this what you like, right? You don't actually play guitar....?

rockon1

I see hundreds of hours of fettling, shifting, tweaking, heaving, knocking, shaving, snipping, filing, drilling, spending, filling, tuning, sanding, painting, selling...

Pretty much -all except the selling part,lol.

Jim85IROC

My finished neck needed none of that. Aside from sanding off the finish at the heel to get it to fit into the neck pocket, I didn't have to do Anything to it.

The strat neck came unfinished with a paddle headstock and a thick heel, so that one obviously needed more.

Trending Topics