311-Dyermaker

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone else heard thier version of the song? Great cover. Bit of a reggae feel. I see it on youtube but I cant find anywhere were I can buy the song. Our band is going to learn it so I want to get a copy to get to the guys...but I'm striking out.

Anyone know what album this was off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n96IGcSt1IA

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Well, I found the album. Its actually a Live DVD....too bad its not out there on mp3's somewhere.

Marc Roy

I love 311 to begin with. Great version of a classic Zep tune. It really suits their style.

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
I love 311 to begin with. Great version of a classic Zep tune. It really suits their style.

Yep, I think its infinitely more dancable then zeps version. I think it will go over with the crowd. Just gots to get me a copy to shoot to the guys to learn.

Josh O

That was a cool cover. I love their cover of The Cure's Love Song too. 311 kicks a$$

Noah

I met that singer in L.A. when I wasn't even out of high school yet. He was auditioning players at that time for what I guess was gonna be 311. He kept saying he wanted to be exactly like the Chili Peppers and showed me photos of RHCP doing live shows. I remember clearly he was talking on the phone to his lawyer about a DUI he got slapped with and was so rude and bitchy/girly acting that he gave me the creeps I blew off the audition...
I never thought he would have made it. I still have the demo cassette of a song called "Nick's Hex" he gave me to learn! I wish I would've auditioned now...seems like they've been very successful over the years.

Josh O

I met that singer in L.A. when I wasn't even out of high school yet. He was auditioning players at that time for what I guess was gonna be 311. He kept saying he wanted to be exactly like the Chili Peppers and showed me photos of RHCP doing live shows. I remember clearly he was talking on the phone to his lawyer about a DUI he got slapped with and was so rude and bitchy/girly acting that he gave me the creeps I blew off the audition...
I never thought he would have made it. I still have the demo cassette of a song called "Nick's Hex" he gave me to learn! I wish I would've auditioned now...seems like they've been very successful over the years.

Wow, that's wild! Nick's Hex I believe ended up on their Music release back in '93.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom