• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

311-Dyermaker

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone else heard thier version of the song? Great cover. Bit of a reggae feel. I see it on youtube but I cant find anywhere were I can buy the song. Our band is going to learn it so I want to get a copy to get to the guys...but I'm striking out.

Anyone know what album this was off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n96IGcSt1IA

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
Well, I found the album. Its actually a Live DVD....too bad its not out there on mp3's somewhere.

Marc Roy

I love 311 to begin with. Great version of a classic Zep tune. It really suits their style.

kingsxman

Gold Supporting Member
I love 311 to begin with. Great version of a classic Zep tune. It really suits their style.
Yep, I think its infinitely more dancable then zeps version. I think it will go over with the crowd. Just gots to get me a copy to shoot to the guys to learn.

Josh O

That was a cool cover. I love their cover of The Cure's Love Song too. 311 kicks a$$

Noah

Silver Supporting Member
I met that singer in L.A. when I wasn't even out of high school yet. He was auditioning players at that time for what I guess was gonna be 311. He kept saying he wanted to be exactly like the Chili Peppers and showed me photos of RHCP doing live shows. I remember clearly he was talking on the phone to his lawyer about a DUI he got slapped with and was so rude and bitchy/girly acting that he gave me the creeps I blew off the audition...
I never thought he would have made it. I still have the demo cassette of a song called "Nick's Hex" he gave me to learn! I wish I would've auditioned now...seems like they've been very successful over the years.

Josh O

I met that singer in L.A. when I wasn't even out of high school yet. He was auditioning players at that time for what I guess was gonna be 311. He kept saying he wanted to be exactly like the Chili Peppers and showed me photos of RHCP doing live shows. I remember clearly he was talking on the phone to his lawyer about a DUI he got slapped with and was so rude and bitchy/girly acting that he gave me the creeps I blew off the audition...
I never thought he would have made it. I still have the demo cassette of a song called "Nick's Hex" he gave me to learn! I wish I would've auditioned now...seems like they've been very successful over the years.
Wow, that's wild! Nick's Hex I believe ended up on their Music release back in '93.

Trending Topics