320design Landmighty Overdrive

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Burgs.....

I couldn't find this on the Prymax Website. Are they in stock yet?

Cheers!

Burgs

Burgs.....

I couldn't find this on the Prymax Website. Are they in stock yet?

Cheers!
I must admit that I made an assumption re Prymaxe stocking them. The Landmighty's builder said that he knew Cory so I put 2 and 2 together. It now seems as if that was the wrong thing to do. Sorry!!

I'm not sure that there's a channel for purchasing this pedal other than the 320design site itself, which was only in Japanese last time I looked. I'll poke the builder to see what can be done and get back to you directly.

BK

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
I must admit that I made an assumption re Prymaxe stocking them. The Landmighty's builder said that he knew Cory so I put 2 and 2 together. It now seems as if that was the wrong thing to do. Sorry!!

I'm not sure that there's a channel for purchasing this pedal other than the 320design site itself, which was only in Japanese last time I looked. I'll poke the builder to see what can be done and get back to you directly.

BK

Thanks!

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Well.................I got my Landmighty Overdrive today thanks to the great service at Prymaxe Vintage!

My initial impressions:

1) Highly Tweakable to get a load of OD from subtle to clipping (similar vibe to Plimsoul) to in-your-face straight forward rock (Think KOT Yellow to Fetto Standard Tone) Just real meaty rock and roll.

2) The "Character" control allows you to change the over all EQ, much like a Vox Cut Control....which makes it really nice to find many useful settings alone. It's also great for fattening up single coils and slide guitar.

3) There's a big volume difference between the Clipping mode and Thru mode, but the Main Volume allows you to achieve some nice SPL's either way.

4) The tone control works really well when combined with the Character control, so as you Cut Bass you can add nice clarity. Again....very tweakable.

5) The Hi & Lo power switch is very dynamic, which allows you to choose the type of OD you want based on either your pick attack, your guitar's volume control, or stacking with another pedal. I used the Timmy as a "Solo" boost, and it really worked fantastic, and maintained my signal nicely.

It's a really versatile pedal, with great string to string definition, but it does take time to dial in the sweet-spot, depending on your mood. All the controls are interactive...but that's a good thing.

I used a Vintage 1965 Deluxe Reverb for my initial test, and will try the Bogner Goldfinger later this evening.

My only complaint is that in Burgs video, the pedal is a beautiful Gold color (which I was really looking forward to), but mine came shipped with an unfinished exterior (ie: aluminum type enclosure) with Black Silk Screened lettering :(

It still looks good (in an industrial kind of way).....and I suppose I now won't have to worry about any scratches or chipping of the enclosure....as this one is a keeper. As with many pedals, it really plays well with a Timmy.

If they made a Landmighty with a boost (and perhaps had a separate EQ function).....this pedal would be would not just be a Home Run....it would be a Grand Slam.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Have you heard the Brown Feather? Crikey, it's a strong contender for best BSIAB ever in my opinion.

I haven't seen a demo of it by you....and the one's I've seen so far have been lacking (real thin sounding) IMO.

You making a video of one soon?

Burgs

I haven't seen a demo of it by you....and the one's I've seen so far have been lacking (real thin sounding) IMO.

You making a video of one soon?
Yeah, I have one to make a demo with. Maybe this weekend if I can fit it in. Nothing thin about it, though. It's got the midrange grind from hell. I love it. Definitely a favorite.

My only problem with Tomoyuki's stuff is that it looks too good to subject to road abuse. A small complaint... :)

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Yeah, I have one to make a demo with. Maybe this weekend if I can fit it in. Nothing thin about it, though. It's got the midrange grind from hell. I love it. Definitely a favorite.

My only problem with Tomoyuki's stuff is that it looks too good to subject to road abuse. A small complaint... :)

About that....you seem to get the nice Gold style, while the production stuff is kind of raw brushed metal finish..... definitely not as pretty! I still like mine, though I was really looking forward to one like yours when I got if from Prymax!

Burgs

About that....you seem to get the nice Gold style, while the production stuff is kind of raw brushed metal finish..... definitely not as pretty! I still like mine, though I was really looking forward to one like yours when I got if from Prymax!
Fair call. In my own defence, I have to offer the following:

When I first heard from Tomoyuki and received the gold version I was flabbergasted because it looked amazing (although it's really just a gold spray on the raw metal). It was shortly after that I was informed that the gold case would no longer be available. I suggested to Tomoyuki that it probably wouldn't go down too well if I demoed something that wasn't actually available any more but I didn't receive a firm or resolute response to that comment. It could have been a language barrier thing, perhaps. Regardless, I don't think the gold case was working out for him so he went for the more robust version that you have.

An that's about all I can tell you. :dunno

Trending Topics