• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

335 neck question

335guy

I bought my 1997 335 dot re-issue used. I'm looking at the frets and they need attention. I'll be taking it to a quality shop in the near future. But when I was examining the frets, I noticed they extend over the neck binding. Now, my 2001 LP has the neck binding covering the ends of the frets. The 335 does not. My question is, did the stock 335's of that era, mid 90's, frets extend over the binding or should the ends of the frets have be covered with binding like my LP? Here's a photo of what mine look like. Is this stock or a re-fret?

Last edited:

Fireball XL5

Silver Supporting Member
My guess is a refret. I have a '95 335 Dot and the frets have binding covering the ends.

Trending Topics