335s! Knaggs or Gibson

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Naneten, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Naneten

Naneten Member

Hi friends!

I can buy locally (I'm from Argentina) one of these two guitars, which on would you buy!?

1) Gibson 335 1963 reissue, 2016 model: 4,2k
    2) knaggs sheyenne tier 2: 2,7k

Regards!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  2. gibson3798

gibson3798 Member

Hi there! My son-in-law is from Argentina and we've been there. I love your country!

The Gibson seems priced too high. I have a Gibson '59 Historic 335 that I've had for sale for less than that one. The Knaggs seems about right. Good luck!

3. Lwilliams

Lwilliams Silver Supporting Member

If not a Gibson, then get Heritage H-535. Or, Collings if cost does not matter.

4. Krausewitz

Krausewitz Member

The Gibson seems priced way too high (even for Argentina), but some Gibson, somewhere would be my choice.

Get the real thing first....then decide later if you want to try another company.

5. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

Question is really, do you personally want a guitar that sounds exactly like a 335? If so then a Gibson is a 335.

Or do you want a semi-hollow in the "inspired by the 335" realm, but don't care if it sounds exactly like a 335?

I only ask because Knaggs are awesome instruments and I would buy that Knaggs all day long over a Gibson as long as the Knaggs had the sound I was looking for. But if the Gibson has the sound you want, then Gibson.

If you can buy locally, can you also play both before deciding?

6. Naneten

Naneten Member

HI! Yes, I'm planning to try both guitars before buying.. But I wanted to see what people think of them as a value for money thing.. I think I'm gonna love that knaggs haha

7. BrokenRomeo

BrokenRomeo Member

If you're concern is maximum resale value, get the Gibson, if you want a great instrument, pick the one that speaks to you the most.

8. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

I like both brands, but Knaggs are really the guitar I would get.

9. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

I would advise to perhaps look to buying an ES-335 from an American dealer if you haven't considered that option. I think you'll get a much better deal insofar as price.

10. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Member

11. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

Resale goes to Gibson, preference and playability are individual choice. Both are quality instruments. Make sure to get Argentine Grey if you go with the Gibson, LOL!