• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

339 on the way

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
Just put a brand new 339 on layaway yesterday, can't wait to take her home. I was tempted to just slam down the card and take her home yesterday, but I don't do that anymore. Beautiful guitar, caramel finish. I've played quite a few and most have been fantastic. I've read so many horror stories here about terrible setups and so forth, but this one is great. No issues that I can see. Many have said that these sound more like a Paul than a 335, but I don't agree with that. I compared it back to back with my Heritage 535 for a long time and they sounded very similar. The playability and the comfort is amazing with this new Gibson model, sounds great for jazz and amazing for blues and rock. Now the wait begins....

rabbuhl

Just put a brand new 339 on layaway yesterday, can't wait to take her home. I was tempted to just slam down the card and take her home yesterday, but I don't do that anymore. Beautiful guitar, caramel finish. I've played quite a few and most have been fantastic. I've read so many horror stories here about terrible setups and so forth, but this one is great. No issues that I can see. Many have said that these sound more like a Paul than a 335, but I don't agree with that. I compared it back to back with my Heritage 535 for a long time and they sounded very similar. The playability and the comfort is amazing with this new Gibson model, sounds great for jazz and amazing for blues and rock. Now the wait begins....
I played on this weekend. It screamed and the 57 classic pups really sounded great. I was tempted to buy it especially since they are not being made any more. They only had one in cherry. Which finish did you like the best?

jazzrat

Just got one myself.... sounds and plays great. I was expecting more Les Paul and less 335 but I'm pleased to say it's round and warm and airy and very 335'ish.
Love it!
Congrats on yours!

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Gold Supporting Member
I played on this weekend. It screamed and the 57 classic pups really sounded great. I was tempted to buy it especially since they are not being made any more. They only had one in cherry. Which finish did you like the best?
They've already discontinued these? After playing a 335-style guitar for a little while, I think I'd prefer a smaller-bodied semi-hollow like the 339.

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone know if these are plek'd with the long neck tenon like other custom shop guitars?

M

Member 37136

No issues on my '07 339. Best guitar in Gibson's catalog, IMO.

rabbuhl

They've already discontinued these? After playing a 335-style guitar for a little while, I think I'd prefer a smaller-bodied semi-hollow like the 339.
I e-mailed Gibson in Europe to check the availability (I stand corrected). Here is the response:

After our conversation on the phone today I contacted our sales department and verified that the ES-339 is still in production.

It is. This model was received enthusiastically by the guitar community and we received many orders. Due to the comparatively lower output of our factory in Memphis you might have to wait for some time for the ES-339 to be delivered. However, you can place an order with Max Guitars and have one guitar reserved for you.

Thank you for contacting us. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Trending Topics