1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

3rd hand

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eric-d, Jan 22, 2006.

1. eric-d

eric-d Member

Has anyone tried this cool gadget out?!?! I was thinking about getting one for my Gold Deja'Vibe...

[​IMG]

2. playon

playon Supporting Member

Yeah I'd like to see some reviews of this one too. It would be very cool if I could use it to control the speed on my Lovetone Flanger.

3. asdf

asdf Member

That's awsome! Where do ya get one of 'em?

4. eric-d

eric-d Member

musictoyz.com They're about $110 + s/h .... not a bad price at all...

5. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

YEah they work great, Im not sure why they havent caught on more ---- they can go on the speed of modulation effects... or t he time of analog delays, the drive of a distortion pedal... just about anything...... I have 2 of t hem

6. eric-d

eric-d Member

Soooo....DonneR is the only one that owns this unit??? Wow.. I'm actually suprised. I figured more of ya'll would have more to say about this one...:NUTS

7. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

I might pay $30, but not $110.

8. eric-d

eric-d Member

I see your point but I also see people buying crazier things for way more money.... :) Like Way Huge stuff. I saw a friggin' $99 pedal going for $285 on ebay because they didn't want to wait a few months... So I personally don't see the 100$ price tag that bad.... If I would have thought about it more and had patience at the time, I probably would have gotten the Deja-2. I also didn't know about the Mojo (if it was even available yet) at the time of my vibe purchase back in '99. These are just other options against this unit. The 2 mentioned above either - have or at least capable - of a sweeping speed control. I don't have good enough balance to play and attempt to control a knob with my foot during a solo. :)

9. nondeplume

nondeplume Puppet For Prophet Gold Supporting Member

[FONT=&quot]I'm using one with my EP-3 to great..well...effect...heh...love it..obviously worth the price as
    1. I find it very useful.
    2. ItÂ’s less than a million dollars.
    3. I didn't think of it.
    4. Even if I did, I'm not handy with power tools and such...
    5. I program for a living and can't believe I'm paid so much to do such a thing, as it's so ******* easy to do and most of the time, seem pretty pointless etc..etc..[/FONT]
    [​IMG]

10. cubba65

cubba65 Member

Well worth the 100 bucks IMO.
    :AOK

Radically expands the usefulness of any pedal.
    If you not gigging, I wouldn't buy one (just bend over your chair and twist!).

How much are expression pedals (and they're pedal specific anyway)?
    Like get AM or Keeley to mod your delay for an exp. pedal, how much will that pkg. cost you?

I have one. Get the attachment that grabs the pot just right for the travel you're looking to achieve and you're all set.
    It's a little short for your foot to fit on, but then again, it's consequently pedalboard real-estate friendly. Just get your foot used to the functioning and you're golden.

BTW, anyone check-out "nondeplume" and his Nag-Champa music above? GREAT STUFF!
    I like the Guided-By-Voices vocals, the sounds are excellent and the production's right-on.
    :JAM

11. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

FWIW - The HC reviews are not good.