• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

3rd overdrive advice

jaytiz25

So I've been tasked with playing some U2 (Vertigo era), Imagine Dragons, and Muse, et al; along with some of the typical P&W stuff I often play. I'd like some advice on a couple relatively inexpensive (whatever you consider that to be) changes on my board to be able to cover those sounds, particularly with OD and modulations. Here's my chain:

Hwy 1 Strat w/DiMarzio Area58/61/61 pickups
Analogman Mini BiComp
Timmy
Way Huge Green Rhino
Jekyll and Hyde V1
Boss VP
Polytune (from VP tuner out)
Vox Delaylab - Although I'm not in love with the way the tap "morphs" the delays, it's great, and can approximate quite a few mod effects if you set the mix to max and the time to min.
TC Nova Reverb
Danelectro Cool Cat Trem - off the board, but I occasionally add it to the end of the chain.

Into Blues Jr right now, will be Deluxe Reverb for this particular event.

Does it seem like I'm missing anything that's really necessary for this kind of stuff? Also, feel free to chime in on opinions of obvious upgrades, order changes, etc. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

NewDr.P

if youve already got all that dirt and its not enough theres something very wrong. i think youll be fine is what i mean to say.

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way By The Atlantic
Gold Supporting Member
I'd ditch the jekyll and Hyde and look into a fuzz factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

ondadl

I had KOT, tubescreamer, Timmy going, in that order. Added a '69 in front, and doubled my range.

Fuzz seems most logical for you as well. Some will say ditch the Jeckyl, but I'd say bump it up in the chain to just after the fuzz.

Funky Monkey

Gold Supporting Member
Another chime for fuzz. Right off the bat, I can't imagine "Vertigo" without something fuzzy. Tons of options a whole new can of worms, so good luck and enjoy!

gillibi

Silver Supporting Member
Add an M5 for the tones you don't use in every song. It'll probably kick a couple others off your board.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom