3rd Power Amps...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by NHBluesMan, Jan 30, 2012.

1. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

Love every video i've seen (including their new Solo Dream series)

Any users here? I'm seriously considering either the AC model (solo series) or a British Dream as my next amp?

Thoughts?

2. matt3310

matt3310 Member

I've got the HLH100 and it is a TONE MONSTER!!! One of the best amps I've ever heard!! Ive got a huge collection of badass amps, and the 3rd Power is at the top of the list! Everybody who hears it can't believe how great it is.

And Jamie Scott who is the owner of the company is a First class guy! Glad to know him.

3. Stu Cats

Stu Cats Member

Every few days a new amp shows up on TGP that I lust ater. We are truly in the golden age of guitar gear. I now want a Dream Solo 3.

4. supersonic1414

supersonic1414 Silver Supporting Member

I have a British Dream and it is ohenomenal. Worth every cent, and I seldom say that :bonk

5. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Solo Dream....any of them!

6. mesa/kramer

mesa/kramer Member

7. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

8. supersonic1414

Never seen the Solo series, but I think it's a nice option for those not looking for both sides of the normal Dream heads

9. bluessyndicate

bluessyndicate Member

I've got a line on a used HD100, ...it is a tone monster! one of the best amps I've heard/played.

I'm putting it right there with a Friedman Brown Eye and CAE PT100 for gain tones. Incredible string definition, clarity and harmonic content.

Fairly simple one channel amp with a solo boost with adjustable level and an insert styled effects loop.

For gain lovers this is an amp I can recommend hands down as an amp you can buy sight unseen and be very happy with.

The British Dream is a nice amp as well...when I played one I did not realize it has built in attenuation (Hybrid Master) on the back.... this amp with an a/b pedal, a 15/30 watt mode and the hybrid master gives one great plexi and vox in a box capability. 3rd has vision and execution.

10. 1morepedal

1morepedal Member

I came across 3rd Power while browsing the NAMM show this year. Jamie was demoing the new Dream Series and the sounds drew in me in like a moth to the proverbial flame. Unbelievable tone! The sounds he was getting by just changing the volume knob was almost the equivalent of pedal board full of overdrive and distortion pedals! Really, an incredible pallet of tones. I'm a Fender amp guy but lately have been jonesing for a Marshall (2061). Now I'm trying to figure out if I should get the Solo 4 or go all in and get the British Dream!

11. lonestargtr

lonestargtr Silver Supporting Member

Jamie's amps are all great. You can't go wrong with any of them. I have the British Dream now and there is not a pedal on earth that can sound like that. The hybrid master is very cool too. I can't til more people hear these amps.

12. supersonic1414

I have one as well, and :agree

13. bsshiver

bsshiver Member

Me too, and I agree as well. The British Dream could easily be a desert island amp for me! (I guess that's *kinda* cheating, though, since you get two great amps in one cabinet!)

B~

14. arm1

arm1 Member

15. beginrsluck

beginrsluck Member

Got a 2061x with matching cab for you down in So Cal if your still looking. All original @ blowout price!

16. rburkard

rburkard Gold Supporting Member

I played the Bristish Dream several weeks ago. Very nice amp and the hybrid master works very well. Both channels are close approximations of the originals in a relatively small, convenient package. Workmanship and materials seem to be top notch.
    Rene

17. JB Eckl

JB Eckl Member

I played the British Dream at GC in Nashville the other day.

Dammit.

18. dcj98gst

dcj98gst Member

And how did you like it?

19. flcmcya

flcmcya Silver Supporting Member

He wants one! :eeks

Great amp.

20. LeftyASAT

LeftyASAT Silver Supporting Member

Just had Jamie add the HybridMASTER volume to my early production British Dream, and it was definitely a worthwhile add-on! There is still nothing like cranking this amp up to let it sing, but now I can push it at low volumes at home with surprisingly little tone loss using the Hybrid Master. Jamie's customer service deserves some praise too - I got the amp back in my hands within 7 days with the mod completed. Jamie even went through the amp and tweaked a few things for no added fee too.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012