• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

3rd power (dreamweaver) fx loop question

laninga

what cables do you use in your fx send/return loop? I use the Glab amp loop adapter, but still think i lose tone...

the amp needs a buffer on the send, otherwise the sounds becomes dull and lifeless...

suggestions?

nbtrue

I am curious about this as well since I have this amp, but honestly I am not going to be much help for you because I never really use the fx loop that much. I've used some pedals that work fine with the line level signal (TC Hall of Fame, etc) so I didn't really have any problems there, but haven't really experimented outside of that. I talked to Jamie about this before because I was thinking I wanted to use pedals that were not line level friendly and he said that using a good buffer before the pedals should do the trick. I was going to try a buffer that had an on/off switch so I could hear the different like the T1M or Analogman buffers, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I had a T1M buffer on my pedalboard before I broke it (my fault) so I know his stuff is good value for the money. The Analogman one is a bit more expensive, but seems like it has a bit more going on with it. Sorry that I'm not much help for you. I know that theres a lot of different companies making buffer pedals so I'm sure theres a bunch of other good ones out there as well. The T1M was relatively cheap and worked fine to my ears so thats a good combo to me. Also I'm a big fan of Analogman stuff so I trust his quality to be top notch and have no doubts its probably a kick ass buffer. I think I read that he based it on the buffer in the TS-808 pedals?? Don't quote me on that though. Not sure if you were actually asking about cables?? but as far as cables go I just use George L's and have never had any problems. I've heard horror stories on here about them, but once I got a good method down for making them I've never had any problems with them and I think they sound good. Hell Eric Johnson uses them and that guy is a tone freak haha! Also thanks for the info about the G-Lab loop adapter sound losing tone. I almost bought one of those to try out. Guess I can skip that and go just with the buffer pedal. Let me know how it works out for you if you get around to it before me.

Last edited:

laninga

The Glab sounds better than a cable + buffer option (i use a Cornish type buffer) so you can buy it without problems...Jamie suggested this cable also. but i still think / feel i lose some of the excellence of this amp compared to not using the fx loop...so maybe you guys have a better option available...

C-4

I have spoken on the phone to Jamie about the fx loop on the new amps. He has them set up for rack quality gear. I asked him about how the loop would respond to pedals or even an H9. He said that he would have to look at the specific pedal specs, but his feelings were, at that time, that he preferred rack gear, and so set up the loops for that type of equipment.

Maybe ask Jamie if he would mod your personal amp to accept the effects you prefer, so that you don't need to do anything out of the ordinary to get the effects to work as you desire.

tonecrazy

I have spoken on the phone to Jamie about the fx loop on the new amps. He has them set up for rack quality gear. I asked him about how the loop would respond to pedals or even an H9. He said that he would have to look at the specific pedal specs, but his feelings were, at that time, that he preferred rack gear, and so set up the loops for that type of equipment.

Maybe ask Jamie if he would mod your personal amp to accept the effects you prefer, so that you don't need to do anything out of the ordinary to get the effects to work as you desire.
Doesn't work with the H9. Blows it up hard. H9 only excepts -10. I am getting a BD MK II in the next couple of weeks and have a Fryett Power Station ready to use with it so I can use my H9.

laninga

would that be a mod I can my local repair guy ask to perform? I mean, I live in Europe and sending the amp back & forth will costs me a few hundred $$

tonecrazy

would that be a mod I can my local repair guy ask to perform? I mean, I live in Europe and sending the amp back & forth will costs me a few hundred $$
I talked to Jamie about it and the loop will only work the way it does because of where it is in the signal chain. Only solution I can see is the Power Station.

laninga

What will the power station do in this case? The Glab amp loop adapter has an attenuater / boost option...

Trending Topics