1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

3rd time charm: Fulldrive II

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dankayaker, Jul 8, 2006.

1. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Having owned Fulldrive II's 2-3 other times and always getting cardboardy steril tones from them, I decided to try one more time. I'm selling alot of my expensive gear and settling on what works best for me so, I bought the new 10th aniversary Fulldrive II and absolutely love it through the clean channel of my GainStar. Getting tones very close to the Landy, the FDII works wonderfully as a clean boost also. Purhaps my other amps just didn't like the FDII but I now "get it". great pedal.

2. Zim

Zim Member

I just got the Full-Drive-2 10th Ann. yesterday. I'm loveing it so far. I also got a Bassman LTD too, so I'm all over the place right now. But wow, what a sound I'm getting now!!

3. svanangen

svanangen Member

I just saw that my local store have a used one. I have also owned and sold a Fulldrive but I'm getting a little itch...

4. dankayaker

I'd bet it sounds wonderful with the Bassman LTD. I'm sorry I didn't try this sooner with my present rig.

5. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I have a Blues Deluxe RI and 59 Bassman RI both are great sounding amps so when I have them set clean in there sweet spots the FD-2 Mosfet sounds amazing..... and this is with my Les Paul pushing it!

If you want a good mate for the FD-2 Mosfet grab the OCD what a killer combo!

6. Zim

Zim Member

yes it does sound awsome through the Bassman. I'll have to try the OCD teamed up with it. I kinda shyed away from the OCD when a guy was trying it out through a'65 Twin, it sounded a bit like a bag of bees. I think it could have just been him, but I was starting to swat around my head.... But, judgeing by the FDII, it has to be a great pedal too. I mean I just LOVE this tone. Best one to me yet.

7. Zim

Zim Member

Hey jlgrassa, How do you combo them up? Any tips? I may go get one tomarrow..

8. RUSHFANnLV

RUSHFANnLV Member

What kind of amp are you using the pedal with? I've used mine with a classic 30 (modded) and a pair of Marshall 4140's with nothing but great results. I'm just trying to get my head around the pedal sounding cardboardy. Which setting do you use? I like the flat mids.

9. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I have the FD-2 set with a low gain setting before the OCD, the OCD i usually have the tone at 11:00 and gain at 1 or 2:00 turn them both on and start shredding...add a little delay to spice it up!

10. dankayaker

"What kind of amp are you using the pedal with? I've used mine with a classic 30 (modded) and a pair of Marshall 4140's with nothing but great results. I'm just trying to get my head around the pedal sounding cardboardy. Which setting do you use? I like the flat mids."

I run it through a GainStar now but previously I had bad results with a Bruno UG30, Two-Rock Topaz and a Shiva. I tried the pedals every way I could, purhaps it was my ear at the time.