3rd time charm: Fulldrive II

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dankayaker, Jul 8, 2006.

1. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Having owned Fulldrive II's 2-3 other times and always getting cardboardy steril tones from them, I decided to try one more time. I'm selling alot of my expensive gear and settling on what works best for me so, I bought the new 10th aniversary Fulldrive II and absolutely love it through the clean channel of my GainStar. Getting tones very close to the Landy, the FDII works wonderfully as a clean boost also. Purhaps my other amps just didn't like the FDII but I now "get it". great pedal.

2. Zim

Zim Member

I just got the Full-Drive-2 10th Ann. yesterday. I'm loveing it so far. I also got a Bassman LTD too, so I'm all over the place right now. But wow, what a sound I'm getting now!!

3. svanangen

svanangen Member

I just saw that my local store have a used one. I have also owned and sold a Fulldrive but I'm getting a little itch...

4. dankayaker

I'd bet it sounds wonderful with the Bassman LTD. I'm sorry I didn't try this sooner with my present rig.

5. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I have a Blues Deluxe RI and 59 Bassman RI both are great sounding amps so when I have them set clean in there sweet spots the FD-2 Mosfet sounds amazing..... and this is with my Les Paul pushing it!

If you want a good mate for the FD-2 Mosfet grab the OCD what a killer combo!

6. Zim

Zim Member

yes it does sound awsome through the Bassman. I'll have to try the OCD teamed up with it. I kinda shyed away from the OCD when a guy was trying it out through a'65 Twin, it sounded a bit like a bag of bees. I think it could have just been him, but I was starting to swat around my head.... But, judgeing by the FDII, it has to be a great pedal too. I mean I just LOVE this tone. Best one to me yet.

7. Zim

Zim Member

Hey jlgrassa, How do you combo them up? Any tips? I may go get one tomarrow..

8. RUSHFANnLV

RUSHFANnLV Member

What kind of amp are you using the pedal with? I've used mine with a classic 30 (modded) and a pair of Marshall 4140's with nothing but great results. I'm just trying to get my head around the pedal sounding cardboardy. Which setting do you use? I like the flat mids.

9. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I have the FD-2 set with a low gain setting before the OCD, the OCD i usually have the tone at 11:00 and gain at 1 or 2:00 turn them both on and start shredding...add a little delay to spice it up!

10. dankayaker

"What kind of amp are you using the pedal with? I've used mine with a classic 30 (modded) and a pair of Marshall 4140's with nothing but great results. I'm just trying to get my head around the pedal sounding cardboardy. Which setting do you use? I like the flat mids."

I run it through a GainStar now but previously I had bad results with a Bruno UG30, Two-Rock Topaz and a Shiva. I tried the pedals every way I could, purhaps it was my ear at the time.