4 Deans and a Variax stepbrother

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by scott58, Aug 16, 2008.

1. jeffwith1f

jeffwith1f Member

sweet
    how do you like the Variaxe?

2. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

Sweet Deans Bro!

3. scott58

scott58 Member

It's my main guitar. It's just too versatile. Got it A/B'd with a POD XT Live/valve Junior and a power mixer for acoustic. Quality axe made in japan. they seem to have gotten the digital stuff just about right.

4. jeffwith1f

jeffwith1f Member

I use a Vetta as my rig, I've often wondered if I should get one, but the nice ones are just too much, when I'd rather drop that kind of coin on somthing made closer to home. My understanding was the Variaxes were being made in Korea. By all accounts they are well made

5. scott58

scott58 Member

It's a fair bit, but more then worth it. There were several guitars i was thinking of getting (including a 12 string) when i came across one on a dvd i'd purchased. From the first strum i was hooked. I've had it over a year now and with the proper equipment (power mixer and eq) I can make it sound just like a friends fender 12 string acoustic. Same with his MIM Strat with your back turned you can't tell the difference. Not so much against his tele though. I can't duplicate that tone. i get close, but you can tell i'm not playing a real tele. (that part kinda sucks) the banjo is another one that isn't that good, but really they are worth the money. The guitars I no longer think about getting make up for the price.

edit: My 700 was made in Japan

6. Mudder

Mudder Member

What model is that Dean with the shrimp fork head? An early hardtail?

7. scott58

scott58 Member

It's an Icon PZ. Piezo floating bridge. Hard to find now. I've been looking for another one with no luck.