4 minute video: Is my Analog.Man Sunface working right?

Brion

Silver Supporting Member
Fuzz face pedals behave exactly as yours is behaving. Fuzz needs to be maxed or close to maxed for them to do their thing. I suppose some people dig the fuzz knob lower, but that just isn’t the traditional way to use a fuzz face. Your pedal seems to be working normally.

redragon

Silver Supporting Member
Unity gain for the volume seems to be when it’s maxed out. There is essentially no fuzz until about 3:00.

woof*

Turn the volume up to 85-90%
Turn the fuzz up to 85-90%
Leave it alone and control your clean to fuzz sound with your volume knob on your guitar.
Its all there if you learn how to control it.
Glassy clean to overdrive to flat out screaming ...all with your guitar volume knob.

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way
Gold Supporting Member
Sorry OP, my post definitely came across as snark. There's definitely plenty of that on TGP. As previously mentioned, just turn both knobs all the way up and control it with your guitars volume and tone knobs.

David Garner

Platinum Supporting Member
If that’s a BC183, try fuzz between 2:00 and 3:00 and volume at 3:00 or higher. That’s how I set mine and it’s glorious.

Both knobs should be above noon for sure and the volume should be above 2:00 generally. That’s where the magic is dialing it back.

David Garner

Platinum Supporting Member
Silicon fuzz faces can get by with the fuzz knob lower than max in my experience. Germ fuzz faces like to be maxed out.

Volume on either is the key, and fuzz definitely above noon.

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
slam the fuzz knob, use an old school dollar store battery ... deal with alot of grief for a chance the stars align and it doesn't sound like a wet fart ... life of a fuzz enthusiast

Trending Topics