4 Way Coordination

In Absentia

So, check it: I subscribe to Drumeo and they have the whole book worked on by page, completely guided. Guess I know what I’ll be doing every day lol.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
So, check it: I subscribe to Drumeo and they have the whole book worked on by page, completely guided. Guess I know what I’ll be doing every day lol.
That's a great resource that didn't exist when I was learning. Good luck.

In Absentia

That's a great resource that didn't exist when I was learning. Good luck.
Thanks, I’ll keep you up with how things go. I want to work with a teacher, as well. I’m mainly a guitarist (25 years), and have messed around on kits for years. I started to get serious about it about 4 years ago when I joined a band and I was the only one that could play anything on drums. I’ve tried to build up my vocabulary on the theory side ever since.

I also ended up with Stick Control and Syncopation for the Modern Drummer. I’m a huge Danny Carey fan, and they were first recommended by him when he was asked. What’s great is my favorite drummer (Gavin Harrison) breaks down some cool concepts with Syncopation. Essentially, he is swinging it more like it is traditionally written.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
You're on the right track. Stick Control is such a classic and timeless drum book. I studied it and used it for every student I had. There are so many ways to use it if you think outside of the box. If you get good enough, you can play rock or jazz time on the hats or ride cymbal and play the exercises with your left hand (I'm assuming you are right-handed), but all in good time. Don't forget your 26 rudiments too. Very important, and a good teacher will help you progress faster.

In Absentia

Just make some coffee in the old percolator. :)

BTW: +1 on Drumeo
Drumeo is my new addiction. It is perfect for drums. I’m looking for similar systems for other instruments and buying members of my band a subscription. Scott’s Bass Lessons seem to be the equivalent for the low end guys. Guitar has been trickier.

Trending Topics