• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

4-way switch questions

dayn

Silver Supporting Member
1) If I do the 4-way switch mod on a 2 pickup guitar where the neck pickup has NO COVER, I assume I don't need a 3rd wire grounding the cover. Does the single ground wire then go to the switch or the back of the pot?

2) I find several 4-way switch diagrams (Rothstein, Seymour Duncan, etc), and the solder tabs appear to be in reverse order of the switches that I am looking at buying. IOW, on the real switches the solder tab on the right side is most forward, and in the diagram, it is the left:

3) I have tried to wire of few of the Tritan switches, sometimes with luck and sometimes no. I will be sure the switch has a full throw within the control plate, and that the little tabs all line up for proper switch contact. Anything else to be aware of when wiring 4-ways?

dayn

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone have some insight into Non-Tele 4 -way switch applications?

Trending Topics