410 (ext) cabs kinda scarce these days....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by henryjurstin13, Feb 6, 2012.

1. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

So, I'm thinking about how cool it would be to add a 410 to the amp lineup & start looking around for options....

There isn't a lot of options, eh? I thought it might be cool to find a 410 that had a convertible back, and the Egnater Renegade 410X came up in my search.

Anyone got a clue why there aren't too many 410 guitar cabs on the used market? And what there are loads & loads of 412, 212, and 1x12 variations, but why not very many 4x10 cab variations?

2. KWCabs

KWCabs Member

We just started making them :)

3. ian c

ian c Supporting Member

i bought a matchless 4x10 recently that was an ok-ish price (a little over half)considering how often they are seen for sale .
    have you looked at marshalls on ebay etc. ?
    allways one or two for sale , but shipping could be a killer if you cant find one local .

4. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

Great suggestions by all....

But, really my question is more about why aren't there more available on the used market? I used to own a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410 & have seen many 410 configs on various stages.

I guess I just assumed that 410 were more common than they really are?

5. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

I had a Dr. Z 4x10 and thought it was built great but I wasn't crazy about the Z 10" speakers for the Fendery type cleans tones I was going for - even with the EZG-50.

I'm curious about the Egnater 4x10 cab myself. Are the speakers a 10" version of their G12-65?

If Avatar still offered Emi speakers I'd probably go for one of them with the RC's but I believe they only load them with Celestions?

6. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

Joe - I don't know much about the Egnater speakers.... I'm with you on the Eminence speakers as I'd likely just buy an empty cab & fill it myself with Eminence cones.

7. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

There is a vendor on e-Bay named "V-boutique" that has unloaded 4x10's for $199. They look pretty nice. They say that they made cabs & headshells for a lot of the boutique guys.

8. PB Wilson

PB Wilson Member

Avatar buys truckloads of Eminence speakers for their bass cabs. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't order some guitar speakers for you and install them as well.

9. PB Wilson

PB Wilson Member

By the way, I have an Avatar 4x10 cab loaded with some of those bargain-priced, closeout THD speakers from a while back and I love it.

10. germs

germs Member

Avatar makes GUITAR 4x10 cabs, now.

get one in Fender colors and roll with it.

11. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

I stand corrected. I just checked the above link. Avatar is now again offering Emi's! When they first started re-maiking the 4x10's they didn't have the Emi's listed, only Celestions. I'm glad they started offering them again. Maybe one will be in my future....

12. Zingeroo

Zingeroo Member