482 sonic maximiser rack mount?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rjh11, Feb 8, 2012.

1. rjh11

rjh11 Member

Is it safe to run this rack mount version of this effect into my ac4tv?
    IF so where would i need and have the best luck placing it in my effects chain? Thanks Ryan

2. rjh11

rjh11 Member

Bump anyone?

3. Staticbuster

Staticbuster Member

I think the rack version takes a line level input. So, fx loop?

4. rjh11

rjh11 Member

No fx loop on ac4tv but wouldnt it run ok at the end of your line? Can it be used without the fx loop? What i was told is the rackmount is like two stomps side a and b without the footswitch is this true? Thanks Ryan

5. rjh11

rjh11 Member

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Member

You don't have to run it in an effects loop.

7. rjh11

rjh11 Member

Where in my effects chain would i place the maximizer? I run straight into AC4TV.
    Thanks Ryan

8. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

Just don't run it...I personally hated the sound of those things. I guess the only way I can think of running it would be out of the line out of an attenuator's line out with the attenuator set to be the full load for the amp, and then have the line out run to a separate amp with and fx loop and you'll be using the power section of that amp to bring the signal level back up. Problem is that's an expensive option, and kind of annoying to set up I suppose, but it gives the best possible fx loop, and lets you get truly cranked amp sounds at lower volumes assuming the amp you put the line in from has either a ppimv or an FX Return level control.

9. Whalestone

Whalestone Member

Due to the input impedance of 47kΩ, it is recommended to feed it a buffered signal.

10. rjh11

rjh11 Member

Are my handwired pedals considered buffered? Kinda newb at hooking up multi stomps. This is how i run it Ac4tv combo,wah,od's,dist's,fuzz's,phase,trem,flange,delay and lastly this rack maxmizer. I can hear the sound diffrence on and off the lights register it working and its not clipping this sound ok?

11. rjh11

rjh11 Member

12. Whalestone

Whalestone Member

The pedals buffer the signal when not bypassed (although not necessarily with low output impedance).
    The pedals may also buffer the signal when bypassed, but not if utilizing bypass systems commonly referred to as "true bypass" or "hardwire bypass".
    To feed the Sonic Maximizer a buffered signal (to prevent it from loading the guitar assumed to be passive), at least one of the pedals preceding it needs to buffer.

13. in_sherman

in_sherman Member

useful things, i love to see them

14. technicoloraudio

technicoloraudio Supporting Member

i run stereo out of my looper, which is at the end of my chain straight into a 482i rack mount sonic maximizer into two ampeg superjets.
    i use to have a sonic stomp, upgraded to the 482i for running stereo, i love what it does for my sound, but occasionally just bypass it for a little natural twang.
    if you don't need two channels of processing, just get the stomp. if you like cool looking rack stuff, get the 482.
    the 882i is the model that treats line level signals.

15. rjh11

rjh11 Member

Thanks guys i cant run it stereo but at the end of my line i notice a big diffrence on or off. On sparkles. Off blanket cab.

16. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member