• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

4x12 cab vibration or some issue.

73watermutt

I have a cheap Dime 4x12 cab that I leave at my bands practice space and today at practice volume I noticed a terrible vibration noise that kind of sounds like wohm wohm and it drowns out the guitar. Any ideas on what is going on here besides the fact that's it's a cheap pile of garbage?

Robbgnarly

Check the back panel and make sure all the screws are tight. You may even find the need to add a few more screws.

You should also check to see if it has a center brace from the baffle to the back and if not you may want to add one.

Also have you added any bass to your EQ? Have you tried lowering it at all?

73watermutt

I have tried turning the bass down but it only helps a little. I'll pull the back off and see if it has a brace. I guess it's time for a proper amp.

Tonefree

Gold Supporting Member
If it has a brace, add a screw to the center of the brace. The backs can rattle against the post... Cheers

StoneAge Cabs

Gold Supporting Member
Be sure the rear panel is attached properly, then open the cab up and do a thorough inspection of the interior. Could be something simple like handles vibrating, speaker (s) may not be properly torqued, (be careful not to overtighten speakers, especially vintage frames which are thinner than cast frames) blown speaker, or you may have a more serious issue like joinery failure.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom