lowinchi

I'll play...
AnalogMan King of Tone - two sides of blissful overdrive / boost
PTD DeuxPlex - crunch at its glorious
PTD RotoBone - plethora of goodness on tap
Vintage Technology Orange Sunshine - no knobs or dials, just juicy fuzz
Paul C Timmy - tone shaping with ease

Named

You can have fun with a lot of pedals, and I most definitely have. I still own a few that it's almost a shame won't make this list, but I really fall towards practicality these days. These are my favorite because these are what get used.

1. Rawkworks Night OD
2. Gurus 1959 Double Decker
3. Soft Drive switch on my Custom Tones Ethos Clean
4. Solid Gold FX Imperial BC183
5. Zendrive Red

Honorable mention to Frantone Peach Fuzz.

ahab

#1 Plum Crazy FX Treble Booster
#1 Fulltone Octafuzz
*It's a tie. Treble Booster for when the amps is cranked, Octafuzz for when the amp is dialed back a bit.
#3 Zvex Fuzz Factory

KeeleyD&M Drive - seriously loving this thing, absurdly dynamic and sensitive to the volume pot.
Analogman POT - my favorite of all time, stacks incredibly well with everything
BOSS JB2 - parallel mode is awesome, and i just discovered the toggle mode, it`s great with a loop switcher
Keeley Monterey Fuzz - most fun-in-a-box u will ever have
RockBox Boiling Point - waaaaay better than a regular tube screamer - use it as boost

I know it says five dirt boxes, but i have the next 2 on the board too
Wampler Euphoria - the bass control kicks ass.
Deeptrip Kryptone fuzz - just got this, supper verstile fuzz thing

Maggot

Guyatone OD-2 - A superior-sounding tube screamer.
Fuzzhugger Arc-Flash - A mellow germanium OD with brutal LED fuzz slathered on top of it.
RAT II - Dirt for all seasons
ByØØler Weedeater - An awkward Meathead Deluxe clone that I have a love/hate relationship with, but it has the best fuzzy lead sounds.
Devi Ever Bit - It sounds a bit off (in a good way) and it can read your mind.

Honorary Mentions: Big box Fulltone Soul-Bender (thickazz version of a Mark III Bender), Bearfoot Pink Purple Fuzz (the good parts of a RAT with the good parts of a Muff), Russian Muff (not the most responsive, but justifiably celebrated), 80s NADY distortion (Based on an Ibanez Sonic Distortion but with better EQ).

srt_dude

Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive Mod
Wampler Tweed 57
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret MkIII
Lovepedal Purple Plexi
JHS Morning Glory V3

winterblu

Supporting Member
PTD Mini Bone V2
Skreddy Mayonaise MKIII
SUF Skinner Box
Pettyjohn Chime Drive
Analogman Sunface NKT

bxlxaxkxe

Supporting Member
Will change again in the next few weeks, but right now:

Greer Lightspeed
Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory
Bogner La Grange
Zvex Double Rock
Barber Gain Changer

Killshakes

Fulltone Octafuzz-The fuzz so good you want to make it work in any context even if the nature of the pedal doesn't suit what you usually go for. Use it as a boost for any other drive or fuzz for great results.

Earthbound Audio Supercollider 71-I love Muffs and this is the best of the many I've used so far. The perfect balance of fatness and high end with the added mid-range boost just sounds incredible. It instantly blew my band mates away the first time I used it.

Boss BD-2W-I've been through a good many ODs from cheap as hell to expensive as hell and I definitely like this one the best. It's very transparent and just adds a little bite and volume how I set it. Honestly I pretty much only use the stock mode so I assume this could apply to the standard BD-2 as well but I've never actually tried a regular model.

Blakemore Deus Ex Machina-OP Amp Muff with mid boost and clean blend. If you're like me and really dig that Siamese Dream sound but don't want to get lost in the mix this pedal is the one for you. I don't mess with the clean blend but smarter minds could make that work in cool ways.

Edit: Nevermind. Going in for #5!

Catalinbread Perseus-Okay so the Perseus is ****ing insane. It's like bridging the space time continuum from now to the 70's using LSD to create thundering computer riffs. Tracking is great, tone is great. Add a phaser or chorus to add movement to your epic sustain or play quick syncopated riffs and blow people away. Also you can use it as a regular old gated fuzz. What's not to like?
I think our tastes in pedals is pretty similar!

Trending Topics