$50 Musicians Friend.com code for $25

shooto

Silver Supporting Member
yep- looks like it's over- oh well, glad to help some brothers out and it's a good deal

chbaker

Anybody getting this?

"Our system doesn't recognize the coupon code you entered."

We're hearing of a few customers with weird invalid codes. All the codes should start with a couple letters, but we've had a few people report getting codes that are all numbers. if you forward your coupon email to forums@musiciansfriend.com, we should be able to get you taken care of. Sorry for any inconvenience.

cookedbutok

We're hearing of a few customers with weird invalid codes. All the codes should start with a couple letters, but we've had a few people report getting codes that are all numbers. if you forward your coupon email to forums@musiciansfriend.com, we should be able to get you taken care of. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Chris,

I'm having the same issue. I'll forward the email through.

Well, for those of you who are spending about $50 (give or take little), what are you getting? Strings? Tuner? Used pedal?

On a side note, I looked at used Studio Monitor prices. (Figured I could get a cheapo used pair.) There were a lot in the $60-$70 range. ALL BROKEN. WTH? Almost all of them were "Broken, needs repair". What happened to the used/scratch/dent section at MF? They have very few pedals, and most used things are about 10-15% below new cost. Are they sending all the used stuff to the GC site?

Ended up getting these new M-Audio Powered speakers (not monitors) for $59. ($9.00 after coupon.) They're just for the iPad, so that should be good enough.

m-audio%20av%2030%20speaker%20system%20sml.gif

AV30-Back.jpg

Mookyshoots

Silver Supporting Member

Both of my codes start with two letters and got refused. I called MF customer service and they told me that LivingSocial had oversold the promotion and were going to have to reissue a bunch of codes so I couldn't use mine. I called LivingSocial today and they gave a non-answer. The gist of their explanation is that they're still not sure when this will be resolved.

Very frustrated right now.

SlaveUnit

This is what I got from emailing the address above:
Hello,

Thanks for writing. Living Social has informed us they will be resending working codes both today and tomorrow to those who received these incorrect codes. We apologize for any inconvenience, we appreciate your patience as this is resolved. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, thanks!

Chris Maile
Customer Service CETF

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I had a little trouble but it cleared up when I phoned them about it. I didn't realize this was designated as a "discount code" in the MF system and therefor can't be combined with another promotion like the current $30 discount for more than $199. I got a Flashback X4 for $209 with shipping...

chbaker

Both of my codes start with two letters and got refused. I called MF customer service and they told me that LivingSocial had oversold the promotion and were going to have to reissue a bunch of codes so I couldn't use mine. I called LivingSocial today and they gave a non-answer. The gist of their explanation is that they're still not sure when this will be resolved.

Very frustrated right now.

Sorry for the frustration. If your codes started with two letters, you were not one of the customers who were oversold a code. Oversold codes were all numbers. Shoot an email to forums@musiciansfriend.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

SlaveUnit

Sorry for the frustration. If your codes started with two letters, you were not one of the customers who were oversold a code. Oversold codes were all numbers. Shoot an email to forums@musiciansfriend.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Hello Chris,
I sent in 3 codes (one for each of my family members who purchased them) yesterday to the email address you have provided. I have not received new codes for any of them. I only received one email back from your team stating we should be getting new codes by yesterday or today. Please PM me if you would like me to provide each of the emails address you received emails from. Thanks.

And just to clarify...these are all full number codes.

chbaker

Hello Chris,
I sent in 3 codes (one for each of my family members who purchased them) yesterday to the email address you have provided. I have not received new codes for any of them. I only received one email back from your team stating we should be getting new codes by yesterday or today. Please PM me if you would like me to provide each of the emails address you received emails from. Thanks.

And just to clarify...these are all full number codes.

The new codes are being sent out by Living Social and should all be sent now as far as I know. If your codes started with letters, they were valid codes and another email isn't coming. Sorry for all the confusion on this. I just tracked down your email, I'll dig in and get back to you via email.

Spark

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't realize this was designated as a "discount code" in the MF system and therefor can't be combined with another promotion

I didn't realize this either. It is buried in the Living Social fine print, and MF cust service won't budge, even though the disount I would have normally received ($30) is more that this m-fing coupon I bought. Pretty sh1tty all around.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom