50 watt plexi attenuator suggestions please

soldano16

I play fairly low volume and the 50 watt plexi needs a bit more push. I was going to get an 18 watter but that seems a bit dumb if I have a plexi in house. So far the Bad Cat Leash seems the one I'll get but just curious as to opinions on it and other choices.

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
I like my Hot Plate, but I would probably go with the Leash if I were you. The one downside of the Hot Plate is the discrete settings. The continuous adjustment of the Leash makes it very attractive.

Rusty G.

I use the Dr. Z Trainwreck AirBrake with my Germino Club 40 and it works just fine. Highly recommended!

dano73327

I used to play my plexi through a power brake but it went through power tubes quick. I just had it converted to MV and that solved most of the problems. Of course you can't get that power tube break up unless you really crank it but it sounds good with lots of preamp gain and a good OD pedal.

908SSP

I have a couple Plexis and the leash didn't cut it made them sound buzzy and harsh. The Ultimate is the best sounding unit currently available the Richter is the best sounding but not available new at this time. It is just transparent turning the volume down to a very low level with not alteration in tone or texture.

HCStraub

We recommend the following for our 50 watt plexi type amps:

DrZ Airbrake(well built good unit....trustworthy)
Ultimate Attenuator(very good unit....had one on our amps at NAMM)
BadCat Leash(Most versatile....)

Rod

Vibrato & String Bender on Overdrive
Gold Supporting Member
The Alessandro Muzzle works great as well!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom