50 Watts or less: Amp that will get me from Zep to VH tone

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rshdst, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Onioner

Onioner Member

Ceriatone does great stuff. Check them out for sure.

Also, since I can say this without drama, do think about Phaez. The value there is really good, and he's got some great options for MV Marshallesque amps.

I presume your budget is for just a head. If you need a cab and speakers too, well... that changes things.

2. Rshdst

Rshdst Member

Definitley all good suggestions guys. Thanks a bunch. Doing some research on stuff. Yes the budget is just for a head, I do have a cab or two. Lol, def no drama for mentioning phaez here. Checking out some soldano hot rods also. PRS and goodsell.

3. pbmw

pbmw Member

Absolutely
    I'm thinking seriously about a SIBLY
    Well under a grand

4. jpage

jpage Member

Spam alert--SIBLY in the emporium...

5. Onioner

Onioner Member

That's another great value amp, but I don't know if it really fits the classic rock thing you describe. Cool amp though, for sure.

Man, is it bad that I've got a Daisycutter in the emporium myself, yet when I saw that, I went running over there to check it out, and immediately started thinking about what I could do to get my hands on that thing... SIBLY's practically a Daisycutter itself. I know it's not really the amp for me, yet I still can't help but look...

6. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

The Ceriatone amps are built extremely well. Sozo caps, quality parts, pots, tube bases, jacks...all boutique stuff. Even the transformers are now hand wound and good quality (this was their achilles heel in years past though it seems to be rectified now).

Nik is fantastic to deal with and the price for a new amp is dirt cheap...dirt cheap for us Aussies as it's basically Blues Jnr or HRD money for a killer PTP amp.

7. tjinca1

tjinca1 Member

EVH 5150iii mini

8. HazelGoatee

HazelGoatee Member

9. Truckdub

Truckdub Member

10. rockinmac

rockinmac Member

check out Granger amps. He's got a nice 50 watt marshall clone going on. it also has a post phase inverter master volume also he has some really good videos on youtube. M50 plexi is the name of the amp it's around 1500 bucks but it also has a lifetime warranty to. I haven't heard a bad thing about them and sounds like a great guy to deal with.

11. no1yuno

no1yuno Supporting Member