500K pots that turn super easily?

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
I've played some guitars with humbuckers that have 500K pots that turn super easily. Anyone know what brand they are and where to get them? The ones in one of my guitars are a little hard to turn while I'm playing so I want to replace them with good quality ones.

detroiter711

The pots in PRS USA guitars are probably the smoothest, although they are a bit pricey if ordered separately off of their website.

LJD

Just get any pot and spray some Deoxit into it. Then work it back and fourth until it's as smooth as you like.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
nah, some really are easier than others no matter how much you spray them.

the dimarzio-spec CTS are great, and quite easy-turning.

it seems like the CTS with the dimpled back that has the spindle poking through it are the low-torque ones.

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
A friend has me install EVH low friction volume pots in his Yngwie Strats.

Boy, they spin easy!

scott944

nah, some really are easier than others no matter how much you spray them.

the dimarzio-spec CTS are great, and quite easy-turning.

it seems like the CTS with the dimpled back that has the spindle poking through it are the low-torque ones.
+1. I like the taper, too - lots of crunch control without a big volume drop in the upper range. Comparable to PRS in the guitars I have currently.

RRfireblade

+1 on the Bourns, probably one of my favs.

The PRS Vol pots are pretty slick too but they get too slick pretty quick of you're a knob twister.

HayekFan

The CTS pots with the dimpled back are almost completely undamped. They won't fight you at all if you're doing pinky swells and stuff. The smooth back CTS pots have distinctly more resistance. This keeps them from getting knocked out of position as easily but it means they're not as quick.

Polynitro

Bourns EVH low friction are great.
CTS with the nipples made for Fender or Mojotone are not bad either.

Trending Topics