• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

50s/60s Tribute question...

TheCount0212

...when did Gibson stop making 50s Tribs w/ P-90s?

I just picked up a (barely) used gold-top Tribute w/ p-90s w/ a natural back and a rosewood board that says it was made in 2011. The neck seems a bit beefier than a 60s, but a bit slimmer than a 50s (perfect for me).

What exactly did I buy? Can't make heads or tails of the Gibson website as far as when they stopped making the 50s Tribs w/ p-90s. I know sometime in 2011 they switched from rosewood to baked maple boards.

Last edited:

gillman royce

Silver Supporting Member
If you don't get your answer here, check with Walter Carter at George GRuhn - he used to work at Gibson and knows all that stuff.

Scott L

Gold Supporting Member
The last of the 50s w/ P90s and were shipped in late 2010 and the GT's and Honeybursts had natural backs. It should have a see through / smoked glass looking control cavity cover and the orange drop caps.

Trending Topics