1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

5150 III.........Still got em ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by BudBurst, Jan 19, 2008.

1. BudBurst

BudBurst Supporting Member

For those that picked one of these up...do you still have it ? If so, what do you like best about it ? If not, what did you not like ?

2. mlongano

mlongano Supporting Member

Yes...love the versatility.

3. rnm14

rnm14 Member

Liked it, but I have sold it because of its weight and size.

4. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

yup, still got it. Not crazy about the clean channel... makes a good low to medium "crunnch" channel though. The blue channel is a no-brainer, just a great basic rock tone. The red channel is very gainy and aggressive- works good as either a lead channel counterpart to the blue channel, or as a very aggressive pissed off metal tone.

5. kruts

kruts Member

Yes, I love the clean channel with Volume at 12:00 and gain at 7-8 o'clock. Has a similar gain structure to an SLO, with a midrange voicing which I assume makes it brown sounding. Perfectly matched with the 5150 III cabinet, in ivory of course :D

6. fridgit

fridgit Member

Still got mine, 6-7 months and counting! It's the only amp I haven't traded off or sold yet!

[​IMG]
    :RoCkIn

7. Rayneman

Rayneman Supporting Member

I still have mine. The blue and red channels are just a blast. The other day I put my Keeley Katana in front of the blue channel, and that was very neat.