52RI Tele Question

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
I am debating about whether or not I should install the included bridge with individual string saddles on my 52RI Tele. The problem is that I have no idea what kind of effect this will have on the tone. Someone care to educate me?

mrfjones

leave the three barrel bridge on there, if intonation is a problem get a set of compensated saddles. the sound is much better IMHO

RDM

The individual saddle bridge is crap, IMHO. I used to have one on my Tele. Not worth the trouble. The brass saddles are much better...tone wise and intonation-wise.

Again....just my opinion.

JimH

I've got a 97 Fat tele with individual saddles - would a 3 barrel improve that does anyone think? Will any one fit or is there a new/old vintage/modern issue to go through like on strats?

ReddRanger

WOW. I didn't realize 52RI's came with a modern bridge???

So how does that work?? The normal AM Standard bridge is totally different than a vintage bridge.

Does anyone have any pictures of it?

I used to have the individual saddl bridge on my AM Dlx tele I recently put a glendale bridge with brass saddles on and the thing came to life twang all day and sound just jumps out of the guitar now, clear and more responsive.

though it seems Keef and the Boss like the six saddle bridge...I guess its a YMMV thing?

ReddRanger

I used to have the individual saddl bridge on my AM Dlx tele I recently put a glendale bridge with brass saddles on and the thing came to life twang all day and sound just jumps out of the guitar now, clear and more responsive.

though it seems Keef and the Boss like the six saddle bridge...I guess its a YMMV thing?
Well keep in mind that Keef and the Boss don't really go for 'twang' as much as people around here think of it. Bruce especially goes for a rock Tele tone.

Brent Mason also likes the six saddle, so it can't be all that bad :rolleyes:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom