535Q and Sunface

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by robbyb, Aug 3, 2008.

1. robbyb

robbyb Member

Ok, so I wasn't able to find any info on this specific situation when searching, but I found a lot of wah/fuzz info in general. So the question is, if I place (after I buy it of course) a Sunface 275 AFTER my 535Q wah will it mess with the dynamics of the fuzz when the wah is off (i.e. control with volume/tone of guitar)? I don't really entend to use both wah and fuzz at the same time (I use wah rarely) but since the 535Q is sort-of/kinda/good bypass or true bypass depending on who you ask, would it be OK to place it in front of the fuzz? In the future I may upgrade my wah to something better and more accomidating making this discussion obsolete, but for now this is my setup.

2. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Hi,

I've been using wah/fuzz for years and years.
    There really is no "protocal" to the front or back placement of either.
    What alot of folks do is switch them around a bit and figure out which effect of the placement they like best. One of my fav's, Hendrix, did this constantly.
    Once you get the SF, experiment.
    Hope that helps,
    Mass

3. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

I had the 535Q and it had a good bypass, even w/ fuzz.
    The Sunface has an internal trimmer to fine tune dynamic feel.

4. mojoslide

mojoslide Member

I used to use a 535q and Sunface/Fuzz Face with no issues. The bypass IMO is good enough to not be an issue. Now if you have the fuzz cranked and the wah on you may get some oscillation if the wah is first in line (but that's a different issue). But with the wah off and the fuzz on I could use my volume control to get many subtle shades of fuzz - especially as Lolaviola suggested by using the internal trimmer. In fact, I had no problems with oscillation either because I set the Sunface up more as a fuzzy overdrive then a straight up full on fuzz. This was all done going into a slightly dirty amp.

5. robbyb

robbyb Member

Thanks for all the responses... Looks like I'll be on the hunt for a sunface.

Robby