'56 Strat with Rosewood board, 10 radius, TGP'ers let's order one together!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Dylan61, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Dylan61

Dylan61 Member

'56 Custom Strat Boat shape neck with Rosewood board, 10 radius, with John Mayers pickups..

TGP'ers let's design one Strat together...

A few years back I was a member of the Martin Guitar Forum, and we all placed a order for a special Martin, it did realy work, and I still own the guitar, it is by far the best Martin guitar ever!

Wo like to join me for a, I think the '56 Strat has the finest neck, and with a rosewood board would even be greater. We can ask a good Dealer to place the order.

So let's hear if you like the Idea to do something all together, the final best ever Strat, Dealers are welcome too!!

2. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I don't get it.... '56 strats were all 7.25" radii, and maple boards. What is it about the 56 strat necks that you like??

Not trying to slam you.... I'm working on my dream strat right now. Olympic white, mint green guard, callaham hardware, fralin pups, dark rosewood board with 12" radius and big frets.

3. shuie

shuie Member

Warmoth is your friend. They will build you this neck for $200.

4. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I know... its awesome! Paying for finish is rape though.

5. shuie

shuie Member

And paying for a new Fender Custom Shop piece is not going to be any less painful. Fender is supposed to start doing the EJ with a Rosewood board this year, no? The Wildwood '59 thinskins are another option, too. That neck is based on the SRV neck, so it will be similar (in bigness) to the 10/56 Fender/Warmoth Boatneck.