'57 Hot Rod Strat - Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by auburn-grad, Sep 3, 2008.

1. auburn-grad

auburn-grad Member

A local guitar store just received a new 57 Hot Rod and it looks really nice....I didnt get to plug it in, but acoustically, it rings/resonates better than any strat that I have played.....

I see a lot of people discuss the 62 Hot Rod but not the 57.

What are you thoughts opinions about the 57?...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. auburn-grad

auburn-grad Member

3. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

It is a very nice Strat for someone looking for a traditional look with a more modern sound. I suppose the pickups could always be changed if not to ones desire. But if it plays great, feels great, and sounds good to you then I say go for it. Over the years the Stratocaster has become my absolute favorite guitar.

4. qwer

qwer Member

I really like the feel of my 57 VHR. So i sold my EJ for it. swapped a Fralins Vintage Hot.

5. Demioblue

Demioblue Member

It's a nice strat. But varys in qualities. I bought 2 because of the thin soft V neck, the 9.5" radius and the "thin skin" finish. The necks differed too much between the 2, and one of them felt more like a C instead of a V. I sold that one. The remaining one was a sunburst one, and it's been retrofitted with CS69s... Nice...