• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

5E3 by B COX! Any info about him

i recently recieved a tweed boutique style amp with a badge on it , says COX, looks very nicely made but cant find anymore info other than he's no longer with us. Any other Cox amps owners out there can be info- helpeful!! Thanks

guitargeezer

Gold Supporting Member
Rich, I first discovered Brian Cox and his amps shortly before his untimely death. He and his amps had a very good reputation for quality, and that has not diminished with his passing.

Fast forward to earlier this year when I purchased one of his Deluxe Ultimate 5E3 amps here on TGP. I am totally pleased with the quality, components and the sound of this amp. I would not hesitate to recommend his amps to anyone wanting a quality product.

Axis29

Brian Cox was a very talented and detail oriented builder. I am also an owner of an Ultimate 5e3. I had been eying his amplifiers for a few years before his untimely passing. But, a little while after his death, I ended up getting one in a trade.

His wiring is incredible, the tone is just as incredible. I just can't say enough nice things about the amps he's built that I've seen and certainly the one I own!

But does anybody know what part of the country he was from?? Or what his production amount of the 5E3 ultimate like the one i just purchased

Spoonful

I just responded to the other you just posted.

If I remember right, Brian was from the East Coast, maybe Maryland. The family ended up shutting down the web site when he pasted away. There wasn't anybody to take over the business.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom