5E3 in a PR Chassis

mscaggs

Here's something fun for all you Ampoholics! It's a tweed Deluxe in a PR chassis. I also wired in a "Lasso" switch and jumps the two channels together. Kinda of a fun project for a new friend Miguel...

All the pics are now on my new website p2pamps.com

Last edited:

Custom50

Great idea! I prefer the front mounted control panel.

Is that an octal preamp or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

mscaggs

Great idea! I prefer the front mounted control panel.

Is that an octal preamp or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
No on the octal, 2 6v6s, 1 5y3, 1 12at7ma dn 1 12ay7....

I'm still messing with this one. I should have it out to the owner soon. I'll do a quick sound test before I ship and post but I expect it to sound like all the other 5E3s I've built... :)

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Beautiful... if you somehow managed to keep the verb and trem in there that would be my dream amp.

mscaggs

Beautiful... if you somehow managed to keep the verb and trem in there that would be my dream amp.
That could be done but I would have to sit down and sharpen my pencil...

But at that point you no longer have a Tweed Deluxe... That is the downside

I just use pedals with mine and problem solved :)

Custom50

No on the octal, 2 6v6s, 1 5y3, 1 12at7ma dn 1 12ay7....

I'm still messing with this one. I should have it out to the owner soon. I'll do a quick sound test before I ship and post but I expect it to sound like all the other 5E3s I've built... :)
Whatever is in there, it looks great!

cugel

Stunning build
You like that layout better than the stock one? Cuts down on noise??

Looks like you prefer shielded and grid stoppers too.

I wish mine had all that.

misa

Silver Supporting Member
Mike has been doing a great job with this amp for me. A high-quality build, as I had expected from his past posts, and happy to report that he has been great to communicate with. He's worked diligently to get this amp completed and has been very accommodating with my special requests. Looking forward to playing it!

Last edited:

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
After owned a PR and a tweed Deluxe, the verb and trem is largely the only thing that sets them apart sonically. That and the Deluxe had more depth to the sound but if you weren't playing them back to back and didn't use the verb or trem, you might not notice the difference.

mscaggs

After owned a PR and a tweed Deluxe, the verb and trem is largely the only thing that sets them apart sonically. That and the Deluxe had more depth to the sound but if you weren't playing them back to back and didn't use the verb or trem, you might not notice the difference.
Yeap, I have one of each I built and I think they are not the same at all. Take a look

Trending Topics